Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ reliable enough for home defense?

MissionaryMike

I love my CZ pistols but as close to perfect as they are for me they all needed some part replacements after several thousand rounds. Trigger reset spring in my 75b and P07 and firing pin in my P07 and P09 all broke over the past five years. They have since been replaced with CZC or CGW parts. I didn't bother contacting CZ for stock replacements. I run them very hard. So long as you maintain them they will serve you well. I trust all my CZ pistols.

Well, if you just absolutely have to have a CZ for home defense I am sure it would do. BTW, I love CZs and own a few myself.

But truly, go into a gun shop blind-folded and put your finger on the first modern pistol you can find and it will perform no better or worse than anything else, including a CZ.

Not sure I get the original question ....? Exactly what are you worried about that would make it more or less reliable than a Glock? It sits in your night stand, right? What is going to make it unreliable? I could almost understand it if you said the gun is out rolling around in the desert and mud with you for 8 straight hrs a day and then has to go directly into your night stand without so much as a wipe down with a rag I might buy your concern.

But for what you plan to do, any handgun that wasn't built by a Billy Bob in his basement with a hacksaw and drill press he got on e-bay is "reliable" enough ...