Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel lengths and conversion slides

hercster

I just took delivery of an Limited Custom Xtreme in .40. It has a 125mm barrel which converts to almost 5 inches.

I'm interested in getting a 9mm slide for this pistol but am confused on barrel lengths. EAA has a 9mm "Long Slide" but that measures to 4.75 inches and despite them saying it will fit my gun, we clearly have a problem.

What should I be looking for? The Limited Custom pistols on the EAA site call for 4.75 inch barrels. What am I missing?

I'm still confused as the Tanfo specs clearly indicate that my barrel (Limited Custom Xtreme) is 125 mm which works out to 4.921 inches and I don't see that length anywhere in your list. Are the exports to Canada different. Sorry if I'm dense so take another crack at me.

4.75 inches converts to 120.65 mm. Are we measuring from different places on the barrel?

I just measured my barrel muzzle to breach is 4.78 inches (121.6mm). I wonder where they get 125 MM

Edited by hercster

You're measuring the barrel out of the gun right? Try assembling the gun and measuring from the muzzle to the back of the breech.

Using a pencil down the bore to the breach face, I get 4.91 inches give or take a bit. That works out to 124.71 mm say 125. So that's where the 125 comes from.

4.91 is what the Euros list for the Stock III

Yep. The Stock II is shorter and I just saw that our Limited Pro is 4.9 too. I'm looking for something I can shoot in IPSC Production here and Steel Challenge when I'm in Texas. I'd also use a 9mm for 3Gun.

I was just checking the IDPA rules to see if the Ltd Pro is legal. I don't shoot IDPA often but that would be another use.

I'm getting my numbers from the Canadian distributor and the Tanfoglio catalogue.

A remaining question is whether a Long Slide conversion will fit my Limited Custom Xtreme frame. EAA said so in an email but I want to verify. They say the long slide barrel is 4.75

So now I have a choice to make. Get a 9mm slide or order a complete pistol. Deliveries from Italy are not terribly reliable. I leave for a winter in Texas at the end of Oct and can't get a new gun in time so that will wait until the spring when I return to the frozen north.

Thanks for the help gents!