Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely Horizontal CMore Mount

Beer Baron asked me to see what it would take to convince Matt to make a run of these again; he agreed to make them if there are at least a dozen ordered at $99 shipped each. If you want one let me know ASAP and I'll let Matt know; either way Barron and I will get enough to make the run happen, I just want to be sure everyone who wants one gets one, so ask around :)

Edited by kneelingatlas

Just for everyone's information: the modern, four bolt Tanfoglio bolt pattern is M4 holes, 10mm on center, the old style, three bolt pattern is M4, 25mm on center so I plan to ask for a few with no holes so I can drill two holes for those older frames (there isn't enough space on the mount to fit all three holes) and the Czechmate pattern is three M4 holes, 15mm on center, so you could use the Tanfo mount on a Czechmate using the first and fourth holes.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me how the the Cheely horizontal mount compares with the Xtreme Side Mount?

I was going to post a link to the Xtreme side mount listed on Eric's site, but, since this is my first post, I'm not allowed to post links.

I'm just recently getting into Tanfoglio with my second one ready for pick up this week. I really didn't need to get into another platform, but I'm really liking these.

Aluminum, just adds weight and expense.

Oh, and I prefer the Cheely over the Quinn because it sets the glass further back, but the Quinn has a thumb rest and is readily available...

I was just looking at the Xtreme one linked above, and noticed it sat farther back.

I know I mentioned the thumb rest the other day Atlas, and I'm curious if anybody finds them useful (or a good idea) or a waste.

So, I figured I'd rather get it now while I can just in case I decide to go Open later on. I got mine today (thanks for the fast shipping John!!), and had planned to just put it in the safe, but when I opened it, naturally, I had to see how it looked on my pistol. Annnnnnnnnnd now I'm browsing C-Mores hoping to find a smoking deal. Crap.