Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

people who don't pay their bills

ormondopen

tried to do a good thing and do some work for someone who didn't have all the funds at the time but needed the work done immediately. 3 months later still no money but the individual seems have the funds to do other stuff. I guess good guys do sometimes finish last. :(

CLOSED

Had a buddy do this to me. Over the years I've heard the same thing from others who've dealt with him, as a matter of fact just last Thursday. He is gradually working his way around the contractors and friends he knows and has. This circle of support is slowly drying up and his life is getting more difficult because less people will deal with the guy. I lost some money, about a grand with time and material added up. Didn't lose a friend though. Friends don't do that to each other. Thought he was, I was just misinformed. ;)

Years and years ago I had this dream of when I get certified welding I am going to make a but load of Money running my own welding shop! Wrong first customer was friend said I need this boat trailer fixed by this weekend,so I cut it apart put in new steel welded it all up.He came and got it was pleased good job he said,when he died he still never had paid me for the job.I never did make a but load of money welding!

tried to do a good thing and do some work for someone who didn't have all the funds at the time but needed the work done immediately. 3 months later still no money but the individual seems have the funds to do other stuff. I guess good guys do sometimes finish last. :(

CLOSED

Back in 1978 when I started work, my "best friend" got screwed on a car deal and needed money. So I lent him about $1000 which was most of the money I had on earth to save his butt..... and for three months it was like he forgot all about it. He had money to buy everything else (like booze, cigarettes and dope) but none to ever pay me. I finally had to call him on it and he got huffy. Eventually I got my money back. Never again. Edited by bountyhunter