Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vintage Tripp research 38 super

Runnin2live

I was able to luck into a low round count vintage Tripp original in 38 super. This is one tight gun. The original owner was a friend of Virgil Tripp. I spoke directly to him and remembers the build. My dilemma here is, my son and I shoot glock mainly for limited and open and not sure I want to hang onto this one. I have seen some of these go for the $1500 range but just wanted some help with it.

Just to make it clear, not looking to sale just some value help. My open guns are glocks and recent builds post-54500-14069410519_thumb.jpg

Edited by Runnin2live

Wow, I remember when Dave Dawson came out with that mount. $1500 would be a reasonable price range if you had some mags. It would be a great starter for a new shooter. Virgil built some great pistols and one heck of a nice guy. If you decide to sell, I think that you will move it with out much trouble. It would need some upgrades , but nothing major. After looking at the pic closer, is the comp have a standard bushing, or a cone bushing lock up ? The standard bushing is very old school and if that is the set up, it would change the price drastically.

i've been looking around for a while now, checking prices. in my estimation, with a couple of mags that would probably be a very fair price....not a bargain but a very fair price. i say this because a new buyer would likely want to replace the magwell, slide racker, optic etc.

Edited by wanttolearn

I agree with all of y'all's thoughts.

My next steps, slide racker being fit right now. That one was a pain. I have a cmore ready just need to get a mount. Magwell will be soon after that.

I also need a new holster. I am left handed so there aren't many second hand out there. Oh well

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...