Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coated bullets for AP?

Ed Robinson

Was wondering if Anybody has tried any coated bullets for accuracy? I just got a sample of 125gn LRN BBI's from Chandler. No grease groove and coated with the hytek coating. Cast has always been accurate for me but don't want the fouling in my alum comp. some of the uspsa guys shooting these things in 9maj w no comp fouling.

Ed, load away. spray some lanolin based fluid, like dillon case lube, in the comp before you shoot and enjoy.

I am doing the same. I have some loads to work up but they shoot better than most fmj, and are a helluva lot cheaper....

DougC

Doug that was my thinking exactly. Ive been using zero jhp's for a little over a year. Even use Dillon lube in my comp with them just to make cleaning easier. Thought if the BBI's were at least as accurate they'd be a much cheaper practice round, maybe even match round, and a lot easier to get than zeros. I see my supply of zeros dwindling down while I've got these black bullets that I could be burning up.

I run a coated 122 lfp sized .357 in my metallic gun for practice. I use zero 115 jhp for matches. I don't even change my sight adjustments. I am working up a coated bullet load in my open revo as well.

DougC

Sorry about the availability, but the Bosses don't want to get any bigger with restrictions on Healthcare, EPA Etc. Plus Fred has said numerous times the he doesn't want to sacrifice quantity for quality. A factor the both Kevin and I both agree on. :-)