Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Arms Barrels

norbs007

I used to shoot a Wilson barrel, not sure if that's Wilson arms. If it is, they made the barrels for eagle arms among other back in the day and they are button rifled. I suppose provided its a 1-7 16" to 18" it will work fine but your barrel life might be a little shorter than some of the other barrels out there. My three gun rifle currently wears a Daniel Defense barrel; they are CHF and should last a little longer. Rainer arms has a money back guarantee that looks quite attractive on one of their 18" SPR barrels.

Good feedbacks, looking into a 16" mid-length or a 17" rifle-length if somebody makes one. I checked Nordic and they have some at a really good price. Thank you!

I use one of these: http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Match-Grade-Barrel-556-NATO-Recon-Tactical-16-1-8-Twist-Stainless/productinfo/TR-556RC16-18/

They have many other variations in stock.

Edited by Rob Tompkins

For years, they were "the best $10 barrel you can buy!" but they've upped their game quite a bit over the last ten years or so, supplying barrels to Rock River, Armalite and many others.

I won a State Service Rifle championship with a Wilson barrel (NRA Highpower) - they shoot just fine but seem to wear out at about 3k rounds.

YMMV, of course

Mark

Good feedbacks, looking into a 16" mid-length or a 17" rifle-length if somebody makes one. I checked Nordic and they have some at a really good price. Thank you!

I use one of these: http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Match-Grade-Barrel-556-NATO-Recon-Tactical-16-1-8-Twist-Stainless/productinfo/TR-556RC16-18/

They have many other variations in stock.

Different Wilson than what was questioned. Wilson Arms claims to be the largest barrel maker in the country, supplying barrels to companies like Ruger. At least they did.