Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Disconnect Drop In

Iceman2733

Hello i recently picked up a SP01 Shadow Target and was looking at replacing the disconnect to remove pretravel in SA. Question is CZC pre-b disconnect always a true drop in part? I had picked up a CGW type 1 disconnect and for whatever reason i had trouble with it and went back to the factory disconnect. Dont wanna keep dropping money on non drop in parts. Thanks big time everyone

I think it's usually a drop in part.

I am guessing you got the Type 1 Disconnector that shouldn't require fitting? I had the drop in one from CZC which did require a very small amount of work. There are several threads on here showing where to remove material to get resolve the most common issue. It might help if you describe what your gun is not doing with the new Disconnector in place.

I am considering getting one of the CGW non drop in ones to further reduce my overtravel just because.

Hello yea it was the type 1 which is suppose to require no fitting. Odd ball enough about this gun once installed my SA pull increased was the first issue. Second one was when trying to manual decock the gun once u pulled back on the hammer the trigger would almost freeze/lock u would have to squeeze it extremely tight to get it to release and when it did you could hear a pop. Upon removing the slide you could watch the trigger bar and when it would release the pop noise was the trigger bar moving up on the disconnect. Weird thing is the gun would fire in SA and DA but dropping the hammer would give problems. I am new to the CZ world and just not sure what i should do.

Edited by Iceman2733

sounds like a little fitting is needed.

sometimes tolerances stack the wrong way.

I would send it off to someone that knows the action and have them install either your part or fit up a gunsmith fit version.

no one can guarantee a drop in part for every gun. they are all different. it "should" be a drop in part for most guns.

however if your gun is old and had many rounds through it you may have to do some small amount of fitting on the disco to get the trigger to reset. this is simply due to the engagement surface of the trigger bar being a bit worn. I had to fit the pre-b disco in my old shadow. it was 5 years old and had done a bit of work. trigger wouldn't reset when I first fitted it. some very minor work on the 'ears' and it was fine. :)