Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor RED Dot/ Cmore RTS2

ffgats

Hi,

I was looking at these 2 sights, Is it possible both are made by the same company in Japan . Any experience with Razor on a Open Gun?, The Vortex would be practical for me here since they have at least a warranty office in Canada, and sending back the Cmore RTS2 in the States would be a lot of paper work. Please share your thoughts, Thanks

Jerry Miculek uses them on some pretty stout smith revolvers. That dude doesn't use anything that doesn't work from what I've seen. I was looking at the holes on them. Would be interesting if they fit the same mounts.

Neither would be my opinion. The razor is overpriced and the rts2 still doesnt have as large a viewing window as the long proven slide ride/railway. The rts2 has not taken off with the open gun crowd for this reason. If you have the budget for an rts2, id suggest an aluminum body slide ride. More dot size and mounting options and best viewing window. Weight difference is negligible.

Hi,

I was looking at these 2 sights, Is it possible both are made by the same company in Japan . Any experience with Razor on a Open Gun?, The Vortex would be practical for me here since they have at least a warranty office in Canada, and sending back the Cmore RTS2 in the States would be a lot of paper work. Please share your thoughts, Thanks

Neither would be my opinion. The razor is overpriced and the rts2 still doesnt have as large a viewing window as the long proven slide ride/railway. The rts2 has not taken off with the open gun crowd for this reason. If you have the budget for an rts2, id suggest an aluminum body slide ride. More dot size and mounting options and best viewing window. Weight difference is negligible.

Hi,

I've heard the same thing from a lot of other shooters. For the money, you can do much better than the Razor. Hard to beat the benefits of a slide ride.

Hi,

this is my 4th cmore-slide ride in 10 yrs, and having the same problem, the windage adjustment screw will not stay in place, my latest Slide Ride which is just a year old, is having the same problem . I need to re zero every 200 rns, set the windage screw at 8 oclock after 200 rnds its on the 9oclock.

Will the Aluminum Body solve or eliminate this problem.

Hi,

this is my 4th cmore-slide ride in 10 yrs, and having the same problem, the windage adjustment screw will not stay in place, my latest Slide Ride which is just a year old, is having the same problem . I need to re zero every 200 rns, set the windage screw at 8 oclock after 200 rnds its on the 9oclock.

I fixed that issue with some Blue Locktite on the lock screw. Now it is perfect.

Hi,

I fixed that issue with some Blue Locktite on the lock screw. Now it is perfect.

I used the nail polish thinking that its easier to turn than the Blue with need some adjusting. contacted Cmore and was adviced to send it to them for check-up, unfortunately I dont have a back up, $ 160 or something to have my sight rebody, not sure if the aluminum body will solve the problem. For $160, I might as well get the Aluminum and sell the my plastic or keep it as backup.