Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Results from my BBI 200gr projectile/WST testing.

SpaceFlunky

BBI – 200gr

WST Powder

1.135 OAL

.422 Crimp

81 Degrees Fahrenheit

Tested with a Glock 24. 6” KKM barrel.

3.6 gr

8 shot Average 810 fps

Low: 798, High: 825

162 PF

3.8 gr

8 shot Average 835 fps

Low: 811, High: 856

167 PF

4.0 gr

8 shot Average 850 fps

Low: 817, High: 892

170 PF

4.2 gr

8 shot Average 865 fps

Low: 836, High: 889

173 PF

4.4 gr

8 shot Average 883 fps

Low: 859, High: 911

176 PF

I settled on the 4.0 load and shot a match with it a few days later. It went very well and the loads accuracy was perfect. I have not done any group shooting at distance yet tho.

I am going to load up some more 4.0gr loads to see if the FPS can get a little closer together.

I have some AutoComp and Solo 1000 that I am probably going to make some test loads with later on. If anyone has any suggested starting points or experience with those 2 powders and 200gr BBIs, I would really appreciate any info.

Here is a video of my shooting the 4.0 grain load at a match.

Been shooting 4.2 gr for a while and just backed it down to 4.1 grs this summer. Started chono tests in the winter at 16 degrees. last chrono was at 89 degrees lost 2 -3 PF points with the hotter weather.

But a 89 degrees I'm getting 171-172 with 4.1. I live in the north east so probably won't ever get a 100 degree match.

I find it the most comfortable load to shoot out of my SS and Limited gun.

I did a post similar to this back in the winter, you may want to see if you can find it.

thanks for your info it collaborates with mine

Autocomp is a little rough with 200gr bullets tried it a few times. Solo I think would be great, I currently use Ramshot Comp until i can find some Solo 1k or more Ramshot

Would you mind expanding on the "rough" loads that Autocomp causes? I have an 8# sealed jug that, if needed, could be sold or traded for something for suitable.

Ive heard good things about Ramshot Comp and 200gr's.

Autocomp is a little rough with 200gr bullets tried it a few times. Solo I think would be great, I currently use Ramshot Comp until i can find some Solo 1k or more Ramshot

Would you mind expanding on the "rough" loads that Autocomp causes? I have an 8# sealed jug that, if needed, could be sold or traded for something for suitable.

When I tried them in both my 40cals the recoil was alot harder then my Ramshot Comp loads. I have a Spreadsheet I could send you with what I have for load data with 200grn bullets for Ramshot loads and a few Auto Comp and some other powders just shoot me a PM with email address.

I've never used or tried 200gr but Ramshot Competition is a dream with 180gr. It's clean, accurate and measures damn near perfect every time out of my hopper. I just hope to be able to buy more of it in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the above about RS Comp that is what I am using for now with 180gr. bullets. I do really like the WST, I have used it as well and when shot back to back with the RS Comp I find the feel is very similar. I can make major with a little less powder using the RS. BTW that load looks like it shoots very flat out of your Glock.