Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elite Match Shorter reset?

tycoonbob

I'm wanting to shorten the trigger reset on my Elite Match 9mm, and I remember reading that I can shave down one of the legs on the sear to achieve this, and avoid buying any replacement parts. Does anyone have any information this they can share?

I also remember seeing a diagram showing the sear from a Witness, that explained what each leg was for. Anyone know what I'm talking about and can share it with me?

***It could have been a video I seen on YouTube; I don't remember for sure.

Thanks!

Bob, I put Henning's trigger in my Match to reduce the side to side wobble of the trigger because I was worried about holster interference & safety, then adjusted the pre-travel and over-travel screws and called it pretty damned good. The trigger got better (smoother/less grittiness) after a few thousand rounds. Experts here on the Forum advised that polishing the internals can accomplish the same thing without so many rounds sent downrange if you feel more confident in your mechanical skills. I've been spending my money on rounds because I'm still hoping to learn to shoot better. Good luck.

I've done some searching here, and I'm not finding what I need. Here is the video I was thinking of:

I know which leg is for the reset, but just not sure what part of it I'm supposed to modify (and how much) to shorten the reset.

Well, I spent several hours on Youtube and reading a few posts around here, and decided to do a little work on my Match myself. I did my first detail strip yesterday:

-swapped the mag release to the other side (I'm a lefty)

-polished the plunger head and the plunger bar (that the spring rides on)

-polished the trigger bar (where it rides on the plunger, as well as a little polishing with no sanding on the side of the trigger bar where it rides inside the frame)

-gave one full rotation to the pre-travel screw and sanded it down just a tad to smooth it all out

-gave several rotations to the over-travel screw, sanded just a little on the bottom of the reset leg on the sear, as well as the face

-gave it a good cleaning, and re-assembleded

Overall, I'd say it took me about 2.5 hours. Gave me a great opportunity to become intimate with my Match and really learn how it all works. I haven't live fired it yet, but probably over 100 dry fires since then and not a single problem. The trigger now has very very minimal travel before it breaks, and the reset is also much shorter. It feels great to me, but I won't really know until I get to live fire it. I'll try to make a video sometime of the reset/break point.

At this point I want to replace the hammer spring with a 13 lb spring, get hennings XL firing pin, get std ambo safety, and send off the lower to Canyon Creek Customs to have them weld on a magwell. At that point, I think I'll be quite happy with the gun.

I've already got Hennings FO sights, Hogue rubber grips (sanded on the inside to ensure mags dropped freely), and 3 9mm mags with Henning's 141 extensions. Oh, and I may polish up the barrel to make it look pretty.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...