Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouches for Stock III in Limited Division

bayougump

Hey guys and gals, what mag pouches are you running for Limited. I have only ever shot production so that's what I know. I run the Ghost pouches bullets out. I believe you can run your mag pouches differently in Limited so asking your experiences. I want to stick with bullets out. Has anyone used the DAA Racer mag pouches? The racemasters are just a little too pricey for me. Do the Racers allow you to tilt the mags? Any input appreciated.

Gump

Makes sense, I would assume one would not need 5 pouches like I run in Production? I have an extra belt and boss hanger plus holster because I do not feel like taking my production ones off back and forth as I finally got them set exactly where I want. 3 should be sufficient as seems that is how many most Limited shooters run.

I run 4 in Limited, one for my loading mag.

Nothing wrong with leaving two empty if you want, and just run 3. Just run the one belt if you are comfortable already with the current positions of the pouches.

I just got a couple more Ghost, and also prefer them bullets out. They seem to fit the mags really nice, but I am thinking of adding a DAA magnet to the front one for end of stage clearing.

I shoot 9mm now, and only have the 3 pouches. Figure if I need more than that I should probably just quit. When I was using my G35 I had 4, plus the barney in my pocket. Really, 4 in limited is unnecessary, but I was happy to have it the day I was having primer issues.

Gump, first off, yes the Racers allow you to tilt them. Second, just know that if you run the bullets out, you'll need to do a small modification. When you mount the Racers bullets out, the screw that attaches the pouches to the hanger is too big to clear the adjustment wheel. It will get in the way. All you need to do is chuck up the screw in a drill and run it against a flat file. Turn down the diameter a few millimeters and it will clear the adjustment knob. It sucks you have to do this, but it is necessary. You might be able to go to Ace or Lowes and find a screw that fits better, but why pay for something, even if it is just a couple of bucks, when you don't even have to leave your bench and take care of it. It's easy, and will take you just a few minutes.

yep, I have the racers and had the racemasters. I actually prefer the racers. being plastic they don't rattle loose as easily as the racer masters did (though this went away after a while once they settled), and best part is they are lighter than the race masters. they look a bit tacky in the colours though (black looks fine). yes they can mount bullets out, just need to turn down the screw head as CZinSC mentioned. they are great pouches, but there's no reason you can't use your ghost pouches.