Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

worked over CGW kit on P09

knedrgr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps a polish of the firing pin block and the hole it fits in to go...for that last little bit in SA reduction..(polishing hammer sides, pinholes and hammer strut do more for DA than SA, obviously..)

Edited by SouthpawG26

knedrgr,

On your post #28, yes, with polishing the 13# HS will put your DA there. You will be restricted to Federal primers only. Sounds like you're having as much fun as CGW!!

Cool stuff, keep it up.

Thank you. Always having fun with tinkering with guns.

My Federal primers are only large pistol, ATM. I only have 15K of CCI small pistol primers on hand, so I'll have to use those. Maybe the 13# HS will wait. LOL

Magz,

Just an update for you. We have succeeded in making the OEM P series work like a high performance hammer. We are seeing a competition crisp 3.0# SA.

We may offer this as a package if we get sufficient demand from customers as soon as August 2014.

Magz,

Just an update for you. We have succeeded in making the OEM P series work like a high performance hammer. We are seeing a competition crisp 3.0# SA.

We may offer this as a package if we get sufficient demand from customers as soon as August 2014.

I am in! I will call the shop Monday to discuss how to get one.

David,

As i said on another forum, im in depending on price (although im sure they will be priced very fairly as with the rest of your items).

You sir, are the man and saved me the trouble of cranking out the stones today. I was actually gutting one of my P09's to work on the hammer when i decided to take a break and look at the forums. :)

Yesterday, I was able to pop the cherry on this gun. Haven't shot it since I'd picked it up from my FFL.

First outing was at a local USPSA match in Production. Stock CZ mags were used, and it'd ran like a champ.

The DA's pull length was OK, just something for me to get used to. Can't say that I've been doing much dry firing practice with this gun. Haven't had the time lately. And that's not the guns fault.

The SA is nice. I'm going to try and get the pull to be a solid 2#, if not, slightly below 2#. And also will try to drop the DA down to 5#-ish range. Maybe the 13# hammer spring will get there. Hope to not get light strike with factory ammo, since I don't have my press set up yet.

I was able to swap out the factory front sight for a nice Dawson Precision FO front. And had also blackened out the rear sight for a quick fix of those two dots.

Stay tune for more progress with this gun, as i tweak it for next month's match.

Does it actually work?

I couldnt get my P09 to ignite primers reliably with the 11.5 lb spring.

We'll see next month when I shoot it at the match. LOL.

Are you running the CGW Extended FP and their reduced FP spring?

Have been testing with 8.5# and 12.5# MHS . I have all the CGW Extended FP, and all other CGW parts in the my P09. Also have CGW P07/09 sights.

8.5# MHS does not fire CCI reloads or Factory, Herter's 115gr Nylon Aluminum Case, Silver Bear 145gr HP. 50% firing reliable. 100 rds

12.5# MHS only had one miss fire this weekend with Herter's during match. Had to rack it out. other than that fully functional

Have a USPSA match this weekend. Last USPSA match last much the gun ran well with get 5th in 21 shooters in production.

Where did you get a 12.5 lb spring?

I am running the extended pin and CGW's spring. No dice with anything but the 13 lb spring which i dont mind. My trigger is buttery smooth and trying to go any lower seems worthless at this point.

I am running the extended pin and CGW's spring. No dice with anything but the 13 lb spring which i dont mind. My trigger is buttery smooth and trying to go any lower seems worthless at this point.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Have been testing with 8.5# and 12.5# MHS . I have all the CGW Extended FP, and all other CGW parts in the my P09. Also have CGW P07/09 sights.

8.5# MHS does not fire CCI reloads or Factory, Herter's 115gr Nylon Aluminum Case, Silver Bear 145gr HP. 50% firing reliable. 100 rds

12.5# MHS only had one miss fire this weekend with Herter's during match. Had to rack it out. other than that fully functional

Have a USPSA match this weekend. Last USPSA match last much the gun ran well with get 5th in 21 shooters in production.

Awesome stuff. Thanks.

True to their claim, the CGW reduced trigger spring dropped the pull another 0.5# .

With all this talk about not being able to reliably set off factory or CCI primers, I'd threw the 15# HS back in, and swapped in the trigger spring.

This will work for better reliability. Until I start to reload with Federal primers.

A7E42EBE-E9C2-4178-A854-4E8DF2E8B90B_zps

Didn't know they had kits to adjust the reset on these. That super long reset was one of the main factors for trading mine. I liked the gun just didn't like shooting it with that super long reset.

I might start looking around for a used one again. I still have a bunch of holsters.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i was wrong, it was 11.5# was purchased from CGW site PN HS-12000 for the HS section.

bgc

• 1 month later...

Played with reducing the pre-travel take up on the trigger. My concern was primarily when it's in SA mode.

CGW SRT kit with modified trigger for shorter take up. As you can see, roughly .121" or just shy of 1/8" was removed from the pre-travel. Feels so much better.

Before:

90EB7999-D83E-4DCB-8EFF-892A4EB0A096_zps

After:

CD4C8B29-6490-4DED-999D-94A9D1997439_zps

• 8 months later...