Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eaa. Witness limited "class"

Mild Bill

I have a new Stock III in .40 and I am thinking of using it for USPSA Limited. I was going to shoot it in Production in .40 minor but the Tanfoglio fairy is delivering another Stock II so I plan on using it along with the Stock II that I presently have in Production. My question is how much of a disadvantage if any would using a Stock III in Limited be without the slide cuts? I can install a magwell I would think along with a Henning flat trigger making it SAO plus I don't want to go thru the hassle of trying to sell the Stock III and get a Limited. Anyone that can share their thoughts, opinions, or experiences would be appreciated.

Gump

Why convert it to single action only? Just run it in single action mode and you're good to go. I don't think converting it would be any advantage over the other. Edited by Prov1x

I have a new Stock III in .40 and I am thinking of using it for USPSA Limited. I was going to shoot it in Production in .40 minor but the Tanfoglio fairy is delivering another Stock II so I plan on using it along with the Stock II that I presently have in Production. My question is how much of a disadvantage if any would using a Stock III in Limited be without the slide cuts? I can install a magwell I would think along with a Henning flat trigger making it SAO plus I don't want to go thru the hassle of trying to sell the Stock III and get a Limited. Anyone that can share their thoughts, opinions, or experiences would be appreciated.

Gump

I own a Limited in .40 and although I've never shot a Stock III, I have a pretty good imagination and a lot of guns to help me extrapolate :devil:

I predict the Stock III in .40 and the Limited in .40 will behave very similarly: the Stock III has a full rail so in theory the frame should weigh slightly more (this is mitigated, I suspect, by and oval shaped cut on the inside of the rail like the Match, so it may be almost the same); the Limited has a cone barrel and the Stock III has a straight barrel, so the barrel of the Limited weighs slightly more. Since the barrel and the frame are both static weights, it could very well wash out an the two would be indistinguishable.

So it's really just a toss up.

I'll agree that the Stock III could be more versatile in DA/SA trim because you could start cocked and locked in Limited or hammer down in Production, but it sounds like you have your Production bases covered with your Stock IIs :cheers:

Gump

I own a Limited in .40 and although I've never shot a Stock III, I have a pretty good imagination and a lot of guns to help me extrapolate :devil:

I predict the Stock III in .40 and the Limited in .40 will behave very similarly: the Stock III has a full rail so in theory the frame should weigh slightly more (this is mitigated, I suspect, by and oval shaped cut on the inside of the rail like the Match, so it may be almost the same); the Limited has a cone barrel and the Stock III has a straight barrel, so the barrel of the Limited weighs slightly more. Since the barrel and the frame are both static weights, it could very well wash out an the two would be indistinguishable.

So it's really just a toss up.

I'll agree that the Stock III could be more versatile in DA/SA trim because you could start cocked and locked in Limited or hammer down in Production, but it sounds like you have your Production bases covered with your Stock IIs :cheers:

Thanks Atlas, just trying to utilize what I got. Guess technically I can just get some basepads and roll;-)

Sent from my flux capacitor

The reason for shooting more than 1 class is I kind of fell into cdp. I may end op shooting limited 10 till I get the bugs worked out and the rust knocked off. Then Run something a little faster.

Read something about lead not shooting good thru a limited barrel? Soft, hard copper plated?

Gentlemen, I got a SA trigger in today (thanks atlas) and I am going to put it in my Stock III as to make it a Limited class only pistole. I have been reading and is the only thing I need to do is take out the disco and it should be good to go? Are their any other parts that wouldn't be in my Stock III that would be needed for the conversion? I am using a CZ TRS spring presently, will that still suffice or is their a different spring needed? Thanks in advance.