Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reducing Static

Where I live, its drier than a popcorn fart and have been experiencing higher than normal static environments whereby the powder out of the funnel once deposited in the shell, tends to stick to said funnel. Is there a way to reduce this event? The only thing I can think of is that there perhaps could be a spray of some sort that is reloading friendly.

Anders, go to the laundry room and steal some. Bounce is the only brand name I can think of off hand, but they are the sheets your wife puts in the drier with your shirts. Just make a tube out of it and put in the powder despencier and pour in the powder.-----Larry

If the humidity is really low, try a humidifier in your reloading space. The small ones that they sell in Target or such will keep an average room at a comfortable humidity level. You could go another step further and get a cheap humidity sensor from Radio Shack to monitor the room. The drier sheets will help and are a good start.

I had to wipe down my entire powder system with fabric softener/dryer sheets. Ever since, no static cling on my 650. It really works. Maybe there is a marketing scheme in there for some guy to start peddling these as "Tactical Antistatic Devices", or Remove dangerous static from your reloader with space age technology...