Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP XDM9/40 OPEN magwell is ready. BRASS available

Loves2Shoot

We are welcoming the XDM 9/40 OPEN magwell to the world. This was specifically designed for USPSA Open, Limited, and L10 divisions. This baby is HUGE. The brass version is 6 oz, aluminum 2 oz.

post-1255-0-12113000-1403056647_thumb.jp

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Christine Springer field testing the brass version. She loves how it softens the recoil, and it is nearly impossible to miss the opening.

hmmmm... Springer... No relation, right?

As for the opening, you could throw the mag 10 yards and still hit it.

Lastly, you need to stop making such fine products. You're making me want to build more toys that I don't need.

• 4 weeks later...

The ESP is similar in opening size as the Dawson, but has less material on the front so that the mag well doesn't get in the way as much. The Open is much much larger. Cerakote says brass is not a problem, but we've only done it a few times so far. Our is much simple to mount if you need to modify the backstrap, or you can order one already modified.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have been told they work, but I haven't tried it myself.

Thanks for the fast delivery. I put it on today and am very impressed with the design, fit, and finish. This is leaps and bounds better than the Pistol Gear Unlimited magwell I've been using for a few years.

I'm happy to report that it works fine with Canyon Creek 140mm base pads and also Arredondo's.

The weight of the brass is awesome. It makes me wonder though....Would it be possible to machine a magwell out of TC?

I turned a TC mill bit a while back for a weight in the stock guide rod but have no clue if TC is machinable.

Edited by d_striker

The weight of the brass is awesome. It makes me wonder though....Would it be possible to machine a magwell out of TC?

I turned a TC mill bit a while back for a weight in the stock guide rod but have no clue if TC is machinable.

We have no interest in machining TC. :)