Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What type of EAA is this?

What type of EAA is this.

I bought it used.

It comes in a green box, limited is written on the label

It has a limited frame, stanless with mounting holes

single action trigger

This is what gets me, the slide is black, its missing the super sights, but it is cut for the supersights.

The slide isn't engraved limited. It only has "CAL 45" etched on it. The barrel is straight, not tapered, like my limited 9mm

I've googled for a 2 tone eaa limited, & didn't find a single stock picture.

Is this possibly a limited frame, & hunter slide?

Also has anyone filed fit, Bomar or another sight style, into the supersight mouning location?

post-51922-0-33887500-1402602271_thumb.j

post-51922-0-15578200-1402602342_thumb.j

post-51922-0-05649000-1402602369_thumb.j

Treat me as an infant, is there difference between the stock2 and a limited? Limited is written on the box's label, and the Box's serial # & frame matches.

The front sight is non removable fiber

I've tried to install a standard witness slide on the frame, and it doesn't fit.

My goal was / is to build a 10mm limited.

I second Omar's assessment :cheers:

The fine cocking serrations indicate it's an older upper, maybe from the '90s. I have a few slides with the super sight rear and the front milled out of the slide, it's a strange combo for sure, but they're out there. The green boxes are pretty old too. Interestingly enough I recently bought a brand new, standard length 9mm conversion upper with the wide cocking serrations, super sight rear and a front sight milled out of the slide.

I would guess that upper was sold as a conversion kit, not as a production model.

agreed. franken model and quite old. the box tend to give away the age.

whatever it originally was (limited I suspect) it's a competition frame (looks like large frame) which is a good thing.

it has the 1911 style wide rocker safety which comes on the limited. slide stop is blued but it could have been replaced and obviously has mounting holes for an optic. given it has the 4 holes it's not quite as old as the 3 hole tyle.

the slide is the old style which is basically like a CZ slide, puny serrations, blued, regular straight barrel instead of cone barrel.

Like the guys said, it's most likely started life as something else and has had a new cheapie top end put on it. If you want to shoot 45 then just get some sights and shoot it. otherwise the frame looks good and you could put a limited or open top end on it. :)

It's unlikely it was ever a stock II as it has the holes and single action trigger (though of course they could have drilled holes and changed trigger, but being stock trigger I'd suggest it started SAO).