Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being at the Belmont Stakes

Youngeyes

I had a great time at Belmont Park on Saturday. Perfect weather. In the prefered grandstand seating I watched a Triple Crown race. California Chrome didn't win but I hit the stakes $3500.00 trifecta with a $50 win ticket that paid $500.00. Go Tonalist. Now what gun was I last lusting after? Hmmmmmmm........................ :)

Thats a open horse race, All comers. If only horses that ran the other two races could run there probaly be a new triple crown winner every year. A crown winner should be able to take on all comers all the time. Thats what makes them so great and so rare.--------Larry

All previous triple crown winners had to endure the same deal. Cal chrome's owner was a dick.

No argument on that. Man has no style or sportsmanship. He knew the rules going in. I hate to see this kind of bad conduct in any sporting event. Chrome's victory in the Derby and Preakness were phenominal. Chrome should kick the jerk the next time he goes into the stall.

Grew up going to belmont with my uncle. Seen the stakes 8-10 times. Cool place with good memories.

And chrome's owner backed off of his previous statements. Wise move. Horse racing is as close to a legal cartel as there is, piss off the wrong people and you won't race at major tracks any more.