Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camera for shooting

naim

Nick,

Chris Taylor shoots with me. He also does a lot at Nationals for USPSA. I got a look in his camera case last Saturday. They guy has everything.

He goes by Ctay on the BE forums. Ping him.

Hope to see you at the DC in November

paul

For those of you that have used POV cameras ...I am thinking of mounting mine on my 'earmuffs' , there are 2 options

Directly on the plastic 'muff' (either right or left side) or on top of the headband. I am wondering what would give the best results or if it really matters... Thanks....

Thanks for all the input guys. I got a hold of a go pro hero 3. How are you mounting it? I would like to mount it on my earmuffs closer to my right eye (if possible) but the shape of the go pro doesn't lend itself to this. Any suggestions?

yeah the go pro is a bit bulky for earpro. if your not married to it, consider the sony action cam. very easy to mount on the band for your ear protection. mine is right in line with my right eye and nice and tight in close to my head.

For those of you that have used POV cameras ...I am thinking of mounting mine on my 'earmuffs' , there are 2 options

Directly on the plastic 'muff' (either right or left side) or on top of the headband. I am wondering what would give the best results or if it really matters... Thanks....

have a look here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190403#

that's how I mounted my sony cam too, and it should work for other models.

it's mounted on the band, but just above the right hand ear cup. in practice it's actually just beside the earcup (touches it). so it's right and eye level and just about 1.5 to 2 inches to the right of my right eye.

I think going on top of the head is too high. you want it inline with your eyes. This works really well and is super stable.

If you can wait, Gopro is releasing a newer unit this fall. It will mean the Hero 3+ black price will be dropping and already has a bit. It is supposed to be smaller, better processor and higher resolution.

Gopro cold weather battery life has always been a problem. Hopefully this will fix it.