Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dillon 550b issue

My 550b is having a weird problem and I'm not sure what to do.

The bottom pivot point, the bar that goes across the very bottom that would be closest to you while your'e reloading, and almost in line where the roller handle attaches, is catching.

It's been feeling like it's sticking at the bottom and when you push up to bring the primer forward. I thought it was just really dirty, it was pretty dirty, but after a thorough cleaning I can see it almost popping/sticking, like it's warped.

I tried removing that part but I believe it's pressed in and won't come out. Any ideas on what could be going on? I am thinking about emailing dillon in the morning and see what they say.

Oil it.

I have and it didn't help. I can actually see part of it raise up when it sticks. Almost like its not round anymore and has developed a flat spot or something.

Call Dillon. BUT if you want to take the shaft out there is an allen screw in the bottom of the ram that holds it in there, along with the nuts on the ends.

I'll bet it has been run too dry. It should be kept greased

Call Dillon. BUT if you want to take the shaft out there is an allen screw in the bottom of the ram that holds it in there, along with the nuts on the ends.

I'll bet it has been run too dry. It should be kept greased

I took off the little tip screw on the end and it still had a lot of grease in there and was red in color. I didnt see any hex screw but will look again.