Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it hard to change form Glock to CZ in USPSA?

jc3257

Any thoughts on change from Glock to CZ SP-01 for USPSA Production? Easy transition or will it take a while to adjust to the DA/SA trigger when the timer goes off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will take some getting used to, but fortunately the whole DA thing occurs before the first shot, so it's something you can practice in dry fire. Think of it as part of your draw stroke, and there won't be a problem with the subsequent SA pulls.

FWIW, I was shooting Steel Challenge when I switched from an M&P to an SP01 Shadow and got the SP01 two weeks before a match. During that time, I dry fired most evenings, got in one live fire session, and was able to match my M&P times the first time out. So it's not that big a deal.

I usually shoot 1911/2011's and Glocks, one thing I noticed is a tendency to shoot high right (my shooting buddy was doing the same too) on my first outing with my SP01. I've been dry firing and I think I have it all worked out now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've only been shooting USPSA for about 8 or 9 months and switched from a G34 to a Shadow about 3 or 4 months ago. Like Andreas said, the DA is nothing to worry about. Really one good night of dry fire draw DA pull and you won't notice it anymore. The first time I shot a bill drill with the CZ I had a huge smile on my face at the end...the SA is completely worth it.

Are you looking to start out with a stock SP 01 or something that has been tuned up? That can make a differance In the learning curve.

It's stock at the moment but waiting on upgrades from CGW. Should be pretty sweet when it's done.

My answer is very long, "No." That said depends on how many rnds fired and how much Glock dry fire you've done. And, how much dry fire and practice you do with the CZ. After 1-2 weeks of daily dry and a minimum of 500 da pulls each session not difficult.

i did moved from glock to CZ. Easy! I saw a lot in Atlanta did it. CZ now is the dominant gun for uspsa production in our area. If you are shooting glock good then stay there. When you shoot 3 gun you'll be glad you are shooting Glock. If you are not shooting your glock well, putting a CZ shadow gun in your hand will improve your shooting right away :-)

I also did the move a few months ago. Trigger wasn't so bad, from GlockTriggers vogel kit on G34 to a SP01 Shadow Custom with SRTS. For me, I think well worth the trade of a little more effort on the first pull, to get a wonderful SA pull the rest of a stage, with no worries of 'riding' the reset or prepping the trigger the way you'd do a Glock. A week or two of constant practice and you'll just pull through the DA and not think about it much.

I was far more worried about manually decocking for production start hammer down, with practice that is a non-issue.

I think there also, in my case, was a little bit of a trade-away in reliability. The Glock just ran and ate everything, no questions asked. The CZ for me has been a little more finicky on reloaded ammo, load too long or too light, or forget to clean/lube the extractor after while, and I'd get some malfunctions. Now that I know, not at issue, but initially a little frustrating. That was just my experience, may not hold for others.

Thanks again for the good input. I got my SP-01 and installed the CGW upgrades. Having a little trouble getting the rear sight off. Once the replacement is completed it will be time to practice. My main goal is improved accuracy over the Glock. Will post updates on progress.

So its been about 2 weeks since I first shot my CZ Accu Shadow. In that 2 weeks I did plenty of dry fire practice. Went to the range and my high/right issue is gone. I shoot it as well as my 2011 now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk