Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unloading Versamax?

jrbet83

The lifter on the competition model hasnt been extended. It just has the fork filled in and a small indention to help guide shell to chamber. It causes shells to bind up when loading and it still pinches the hell out of your thumb. Simple fix. Replace with an actual extended lifter.

It doesn't pinch my thumb, but the original one did. YM(apparently)MV.

I was going to try to get my hands on a shell catch from a Stoeger M3500. It has the same hinged design as the M3000 and 1301. I own a M300o and as one would expect it is too short. I am hoping the M3500 catch will work IT appears to be the same length as the Versamax just holding the guns side by side at the LGS. I just wish someone with an M3500 would let me borrow it for 10 minutes to see if it fits and functions. All the parts are instock at Numrich except one small spring otherwise I would have probably bought one already.

Ricks my friend you just have a big thumb! :-) The new carrier was 2 steps forward and 1 step back in my opinion. The new carrier in an unmodified Tactical or Field model isn't bad, but Remington cut the loading port on the Competition model further forward negating what they accomplished by de-forking and extending the new carrier.

Ricks my friend you just have a big thumb! :-) The new carrier was 2 steps forward and 1 step back in my opinion. The new carrier in an unmodified Tactical or Field model isn't bad, but Remington cut the loading port on the Competition model further forward negating what they accomplished by de-forking and extending the new carrier.

This may be true as mine is in a Sportsman model receiver.