Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme DA trigger

joakim

Hi guys,

Could not stop myself, got a 'Xtreme DA trigger' for my Stock III as soon as it was available. (Stock III, small frame 9x19)

Here are two pictures on the original and the xtreme DA trigger lined up, the xtreme is less curved.

I measured the length between the front of the trigger and the back of the grip (straight line, parallel to the barrel):

Original trigger DA 73mm, SA 64mm.

Xtreme trigger DA 76mm, SA 68,4mm.

(3mm is almost 1/8 inch)

The only difference as I can see is the curve of the trigger and a slightly more dull finish. No fitting required, same side way movement of the trigger is possible as for the original trigger.

I have pretty big hands and the new trigger really make the gun fit me better. The original trigger was a bit awkward as it was too far back for me.

As Eric G responded: "Trigger pull won't change, but your feelings will." Feels good so far :)

At the same time I also got the rubber grips as those are supposed to be the widest ones (as I heard). They measured 36mm wide compared to the wooden grips that were 34.6mm on the gun. Can't say that I like the looks of the rubber grips though..

Getting out the roll pin that locks the trigger to the trigger bar was a real pain, actually broke a punch in the process.. ended up pushing it out with a vice. I'm glad I did not break anything else in the process...

post-45364-0-23449000-1401309678_thumb.j

post-45364-0-09071900-1401309686_thumb.j

Edited by joakim

thanks for sharing joakim. I like the shape of the xtreme DA trigger . i changed my CZ shadow from regular trigger to 85 trigger which looks remarkably similar to the new extreme trigger. I notice they've moved the overtravel screw up the top like a CZ too. good idea. :)

yeah I hate the rubber grips too. I tried the extreme grips but they are so thin. I ended up sticking with the wood grips. best compromise between usage and looks. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I installed the Xtreme DA trigger today on my Stock II and so far with just dry firing it I'm happy. It didn't change the weight as far as I know but the shape and curve feels better. Both DA and SA feel shorter.

Sent from my flux capacitor

I installed the Xtreme DA trigger today on my Stock II and so far with just dry firing it I'm happy. It didn't change the weight as far as I know but the shape and curve feels better. Both DA and SA feel shorter.

Where'd you get the trigger from Gump?

Where'd you get the trigger from Gump?

J and L Gunsmithing