Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Shadow mag drop

M230

Having troubles with the magazine sticking in the magwell on reloads. Anyone run into this and found a good fix? I've made sure I'm depressing the button fully, bringing the pistol back vertically. Using MecGar AFC mags, tried the stock just to check. I've checked the mag brake to make sure its clean. Also using VZ diamond backs, sanded them down a bit to try that...going to put the aluminum stockers back on and give that a try.

Having troubles with the magazine sticking in the magwell on reloads. Anyone run into this and found a good fix? I've made sure I'm depressing the button fully, bringing the pistol back vertically. Using MecGar AFC mags, tried the stock just to check. I've checked the mag brake to make sure its clean. Also using VZ diamond backs, sanded them down a bit to try that...going to put the aluminum stockers back on and give that a try.

The problem is that you're pushing the mag release too hard. When you do that, the spring binds and pins the mag so it won't drop. Try pushing the release down partially without pressing it all the way down. See if the mag drops.

There's a thread on how to bend the mag release spring to eliminate this problem. I've done it on both of my CZs.

Found it! http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159812&p=1854104

Edited by SpankYa

The problem is that you're pushing the mag release too hard. When you do that, the spring binds and pins the mag so it won't drop. Try pushing the release down partially without pressing it all the way down. See if the mag drops.

There's a thread on how to bend the mag release spring to eliminate this problem. I've done it on both of my CZs.

Found it! http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159812&p=1854104

I agree that problem is most likely overpressing the mag release. not the mag brake.

I just switched to the nickel coated CZ mags(Mecgar as far as I can tell). They are just a little wider than the my old mags and I had sticking issues from overpressing the button. I bent the spring and took some material off the the mag release. Problem solved.

If the problem is the last round moving forward and dragging in the mag well Wolf 10% plus springs will help.

The newer CZC 17 round magazines also have a different design that eliminates this problem.

I do mash the $@!^ out of it. I'll try the light press, thanks!

No need to adjust your mash.

The problem is actually pushing so far down that the other side of the mag release is rubbing against the left side of your magazine and causing it to not fall. You can confirm this by examining the left side is your magazines for wear marks from the wrong side of your mag release. Also, take off your slide and look down the magazine well from the top while you depress the magazine release. You will likely see the other side of the mag release protruding into the mag well when you have the release fully depressed.

Make a note of how far it protrudes in, better yet reach in worth a marker and color it. Then remove your mag release, break out the dremel, and remove the extra material. I will never be a problem again regardless of how hard you push it.

Edited by alma

I do mash the $@!^ out of it. I'll try the light press, thanks!

No needs to adjust your mash.

The problem is actually pushing so far down that the other side of the mag release is rubbing against the left side of your magazine and causing it to not fall. You can confirm this by examining the left side is your magazines for wear marks from the wrong side of your mag release. Also, take off your slide and look down the magazine well from the top while you depress the magazine release. You will likely see the other side of the mag release protruding into the mag well when you have the release fully depressed.

Make a note of how far it protrudes in, better yet reach in worth a marker and color it. Then remove your mag release, break out the dremel, and remove the extra material. I will never be a problem again regardless of how hard you push it.

Just what I did, plus I bent the spring.

• 5 months later...

CZSolidMagBreak.gif

http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-SP01Solid-Mag-Break.aspx

Might want to make sure you have one of the drop-free flat brakes installed. You should have the two cutouts in the brake so it will fit lower and not rub on the magazine. See picture above...

Thought I would add to this thread...my Accu, which is a 2014, came with this design mag brake already installed. It was not stainless, but it was the same shape as the picture above.

On an unrelated note, the stainless feels heavier in the hand, but it wasn't enough to make a difference to my scale...both versions weighed 2/10 ounce

Edited by ummm

• 2 weeks later...

CZSolidMagBreak.gif

http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-SP01Solid-Mag-Break.aspx

Might want to make sure you have one of the drop-free flat brakes installed. You should have the two cutouts in the brake so it will fit lower and not rub on the magazine. See picture above...

Thought I would add to this thread...my Accu, which is a 2014, came with this design mag brake already installed. It was not stainless, but it was the same shape as the picture above.

On an unrelated note, the stainless feels heavier in the hand, but it wasn't enough to make a difference to my scale...both versions weighed 2/10 ounce

Thanks for the link. I just ordered mine and will smooth down the mag release. Hopefully I'll have mags that will fly out of the gun!