Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unusual Awards

shred

One local steel match ends the year with a trophy match with plaques for the various division winners. The overall low time is declared "King of Steel" and gets to wear a crown, scepter and mantle long enough for potentially embarassing pictures to be taken:

KoS2005.thumb.jpg

click for larger image

What other wierd, wacky, funky and unusual awards are out there?

We collectively fashioned a "Blood and Guts" trophy one league season and awarded it to the rangemaster's girl-friend, who, while participating in league one night (and foolishly wearing sandals) was stepped on by 'that cute little RO' the ladies love so much (he was wearing his usual steel-toed boots), and much blood was drawn and a couple of toes nearly broken. It was a bit of a joke for a couple of weeks... the "Blood and Guts" trophy. (I didn't see all this happen; she was shooting on a different night than I was at the time). :rolleyes:

Shot a "Polite Society" style match. They gave away Death Certificates (score below some threshold), Arrest Warrants (Darn no-shoots!), and "I Survived" Certificates (score above a certain threshold) depending upon your performance. No high scorer or anything, everyone got one of those three certificates.

I still have the Arrest Warrant. Darn no-shoots!

Much to my dismay, I received the whine-o award at the TN sectional last year. Something about whining after I zeroed the 40 yard standards stage. But I did get a nice bottle of Sutter Home for my efforts and a funny certificate.

Rumor has it I wasn't the biggest whiner, but when Manny has ties to the stats person, its all over.

Paybacks are hell, buddy!