Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical Benelli lifter?

Chucky

Okay so I searched and I couldn't find anything on this subject and a review. For those of you out there that have used the Taran Tactical Benelli lifter did you have to do any modifying for it to run reliably or did you just install it in your gun and you were good. I am trying to figure out if I should install one or just have Mike at Accurate Iron weld up my lifter while he is already doing some other work and not have to worry about it. I already have the Taran Tactical lifter sitting at my house still new in the package.

Thanks,

Chuck

ummm if i had it at AI already i would tell him to weld and tune it for sure... then no guess work and you know it will be tuned right... i think that seems obvious since its already there, his work is very good

It hasn't been sent out for the work yet and I already have a Taran Tactical lifter I just haven't installed it yet. So I was asking from guys that use the Taran Lifter if they had to modify it at all to work or if it was good from the start and I will just install it and not worry about spending more money on having my old lifter welded and tuned.

It hasn't been sent out for the work yet and I already have a Taran Tactical lifter I just haven't installed it yet. So I was asking from guys that use the Taran Lifter if they had to modify it at all to work or if it was good from the start and I will just install it and not worry about spending more money on having my old lifter welded and tuned.

It's plug and play, my friend. You can just drop it in; that's what we designed it for :goof: .

EDIT: I should note that it's not a welded piece. It's crafted from one piece stainless steel.

EDIT2: I should also mention that when we make out M2s, we just drop them in. No need for anything else.

Edited by TaranTactical

Taran I'd like to ask if you would consider making the changes to your Benelli lifter, so they would plug and play on a Stoeger M 3000. There's a youtube out with the mods being done, but it would be nice to buy it ready to go. I'd also like to say THANK YOU for sending me a set of your trigger springs for my Stoeger to try. They worked GREAT 4 pound trigger pull, AWESOME :D

Taran I'd like to ask if you would consider making the changes to your Benelli lifter, so they would plug and play on a Stoeger M 3000. There's a youtube out with the mods being done, but it would be nice to buy it ready to go. I'd also like to say THANK YOU for sending me a set of your trigger springs for my Stoeger to try. They worked GREAT 4 pound trigger pull, AWESOME :D

I'm assuming you're talking about this video:

?

He basically just drops it in as normal, because the Benelli m2 and Stoeger M3000 have practically the same trigger group.

EDIT: I just noticed while rewatching it that he does do some modification to the piece.

The problem is in the R&D process and the dye casting. People inquire as to why no one makes after-market carriers ( besides us ), and simply just weld or modify the old ones. The reason is because making the dye, etc. is incredibly expensive and time consuming. So normally, unless we have to do some serious modifications ( like extending it beyond its current length for the versamax ), we probably won't be making one for just the Stoeger as long as it can be properly modified.

We don't, however, want all you Stoeger guys to feel abandoned. That's why we sent those pieces to Jared to see what he could to get them to work. We hope it's enough!

Edited by TaranTactical

Thumbs up for Taran lifter/carrier on my trusty m1. Prevented my extractor groove stoppages. Running 100% with his reduced recoil spring and lifter. I have also worked with Taran in the past and he always comes through.

We have been welding the Stoeger carriers, but it is a bit of work. After trying a modified Taran lifter in the M3000, I think we will just start stocking them rather than modding the factory part. Price difference is not much, and it takes less work to fit than grinding and polishing the welded factory part. The TTI is a nice piece.

BTW, Congrats on Vegas Taran, I saw you run a few of the stages. Smooooothhhhh. I wish I could keep up with you!