Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 shelplate alignment question

OK, I bought this machine used and have replaced a bunch of parts, but I'm noticing this on my other brand new machine as well, but not as severe....

I'm loading 9mm on this machine, and 45 on the other. but both machines o this.

Please refer to the video, it explains the whole thing. But basically the powder drop is not aligned with the shell plate and causes the shell plate to want to shift when loading, creating a bit of movement.

Is this normal, The platform is perfectly aligned with the primer punch directly in the middle of the shell plate, If I were to adjust the platform to suit the powder drop, then the primer punch is not properly aligned to the center of the shell plate...

Thoughts ?

Thanks

One other step to take is to loosen the die lock ring on the powder measure, and run a sized case up into the powder measure, activating it. With the measure activated and the handle down, now snug the die lock ring. This ensures the powder die is centered in the threaded hole in the toolhead.

One other step to take is to loosen the die lock ring on the powder measure, and run a sized case up into the powder measure, activating it. With the measure activated and the handle down, now snug the die lock ring. This ensures the powder die is centered in the threaded hole in the toolhead.

This will give you a preview of the alignment instructions. Should fix your issue.

HR

Thank Sir - that is very much appreciated, I like to have the info before I get started to be familiar with it...

Thanks - yes I have done that, in fact I did this with brass in all locations, loosened all the die lock rings and retightened for proper alignments at all stations.

This machine was in such neglect - I really should have bought a new one, or sent this to you guys for a rebuilt but I'm persistently making it right.

Well Dillon sent me out some replacement parts I ordered and I also got the alignment tool. Followed the procedure, cleaned and lubed it all up and back together again.... Alignment issue has been cured, ran out 100 rounds of 147gr 9mm and all went very very well, much better now....shell plate is less jumpy as well.

Makes me very happy....

Honestly at first I felt that after all the drama with the used machine I bought that I should have bought new, as I was getting so frustrated with all the stuff not working properly. But now I'm glad I did get this beat up machine. It has forced me to learn everything I could possibly need to know about each and every minute little detail about the function and all the mechanisms that need to work together as a whole. It may have cost me a bit of money and time but in the long run I have gained the knowledge which is priceless.

I want to thank you all for your help. Can't tell you how many posts I have read to figure out related issues and solving some of my problems that just don't come from the book.