Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 014 holster mounted using the ELS 34/35 clips

Nimitz

After removing the belt attachment that comes with the 014 holster it does not appear that the 3 holes line up with the holes on the ELS 34 clip nor do the supplied nuts appear to work ... am I missing something or do I need to do some mods to use the ELS 34/35 clips with the 014 holster?

Does it look like it might fit on the Safariland QLS? I posted a picture awhile back showing the different attachments.

I have an NIB QLS if you are interested.

I think it looks too large for the QLS. Here is mine on the ELS fork. I love this setup. Did you try to mount it straight to the belt? I didn't like that close to my body but you may be different. I'm a pretty big guy.

371F9D21-E90C-40E7-96D2-44A97EC30A3D_zps

Edited by ipscjoe

I checked the Safariland site and does say that the 014 holster works with the QLS and shows several different competition setups with the 014 holster & QLS but the pics are hard to see how it is actually attached to the belt ...

Alma: the second one from the left on the bottom is the QLS and that's the one supposedly that should work. I have one coming so we'll see ...

Right. This is a picture of my belt. The issue is that if the two hole on the ELS fit then you will have a problem since the QLS' holes are further apart.

Understood. I will be very disappointed if the very product that Safariland says to use to enable a quick disconnect with their 014 holster ends up not working ....

I am setting up the one belt so that I can shoot USPSA Production, Steel Challenge Open & 3-gun Tac ops all using the one belt. I use my CZ Shadow for both production & 3-gun so as long as I can figure out how to use one mount for both the 014 holster & my Black Ice BladeTech I'm golden. I doesn't appear you can use an ELS for a BladeTech so I'm hoping that I can use the QLS mount for both. I know the TMMS is supposed to work for Bladetech so I wonder if I could make that work for the 014 ...?

Since there are no holster location restrictions for open SC I may experiment with the ELS 34/35 clip in front and the TMMS Bladetech right behind it for my Productin holster. I have the Boss attachment from Ben for my Production holster that I want to try and make work.

Hopefully between the 34/35 clips and TMMS I'll get one of them to work with the Boss attachment. Obviously the 34/35 would be best since that's what I'll be using for my 014 holster and could then use the same location for both holsters ...