Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Malfunctions

longbeard

Once the round comes out you will likely be able to see a little ring around the slight bulge in the case of our bullet where it has been slightly polished by being wedged in the chamber.

Try some new ammunition and see if you have any issues.

That with the KKM and the stock barrel with your ammo.

It is most always the ammo.

It's happened with both the stock barrel and the KKM barrel.

Still puzzled as to why the same piece of ammo would fire just fine the second time I try it?

I wonder if maybe banging it into the barrel throat maybe reduced the brass just enough to let it go fully in the second time?

I was just thinking the same thing...

As far as the other posts regarding light strikes, I've dealt with those as the trigger is pretty light.

I'm more concerned with the bullet getting stuck.

it would have to be pretty severely oversized to get stuck in a glock stock barrel.......If you ran the case through a sizer/decap die there's no way it would get stuck in a glock. All my used 9mm glock brass has a bit of a bulge a the base and is extremely tight in the sizing die but it almost floats around in the stock barrel.... I think the OP said it does it in both the KKM and stock barrels.

If just started because of the brass you are reloading. Maybe it's once fired or more. Glocks don't have a fully supported chamber so the cases can bulge a bit so once fired Glock brass can sometimes cause issues. This was especially true in my KKM which I thankfully sold.

Also, you might not notice it but you will usually be every so slightly out of battery which causes the light strikes.

Edited by alma

Do you have any bullets or brass that have been stuck in the chamber right now by chance. You should be able to see where it was handing up by examining the round.

Check your resizing die and make sure you are sizing the entire case. As noted above casings from Glock barrels get a bulge down near the rim.

Thanks for all the help everyone. This has to be a reloading issue. A few months ago I switched to a Dillon 550. Now that I put it all together I believe that's when the first jams started. After going back through my dies I have noticed there is some room for adjustments to make sure any rim bulge is taken care of. Hopefully this alleviates this annoyance.

Edited by longbeard

I have seen this a few times, with multiple causes. I would suggest the following:

1) measure the diameter of your reloads: If the bullet heads are slightly oversized (sometimes they are), or the brass is not sized correctly, then they are too large for the chamber in your barrel. This will cause them to get stuck and not extract or fully seat allowing the gun to go into battery, especially with a tight chamber in the KKM. If they are...get an EGW U-Die (undersized die for de-capping/re-sizing/priming) for your reloading press.

2) check the OAL of your reloads: KKM barrels are indeed tight. Make sure the round is headspacing correctly. Pull the barrel, drop a round in, and make sure it is lining up with the barrel hood and not sitting higher. (i think someone posted a pic of this in an earlier thread).

3) check your firing pin channel: Sometimes with reloads there is some "blowback of powder" through the breech face into the firing pin channel and it'll accumulate over time causing the firing pin channel to gunk up and not allow the firing pin to move forward fully and engage the primer. Give it a good clean!

Sounds more like #1....if the slide gets stuck I'd bet your reloads aren't sized correctly. Get the EGW U-die for the first station of your Dillon and I'll bet it'll clear up your issue.

Good luck!

Z-

Edited by zipper046