Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Mossberg Quality Control or Friday Guns

2011WRBSTI

Check out my brand new out of the box Mossberg 930 JM Pro. Went home from the gun store, took it out of the box and really started to take pictures to post due to my excitement over my newest addition and upcoming 3 gun shotgun. Well I was excited till I took this nice picture of the barrel. Really? It passed quality control like this? Went back to the store within an hour of purchase and its now being sent back. Called Mossberg and they said that when they receive it, it will take an additional 4-5 days to reach the product warranty / fix line but they took my number and were more than happy to give me a call "whenever it gets finished and sent out". Wow! It may shoot nice....I dont know never got to shoot it....however it will be my last Mossberg simply due to the "quality control" of the company. Sorry if I rained on anyones parade. I am sure they are great guns....but this is too much of a turn off for me. It may hit the Classifieds area and I may go another direction.

13986014977_17cb35bc33_b.jpg

14169340051_49129c90bf_b.jpg

• 8 months later...

I had an issue with a JM Pro, took photos, emailed QC and they sent for the barrel, replaced with apologies, and all is great. It was a slight misalignment in the barrel where it meets the chamber. It is an inexpensive gun, but they seem more than willing to make it right. Only have a few hundred through it so far, but all without a single issue.

Bought my last Mossberg last year. Bought a turkey gun. Patterned it and took it on a 2 day hunt out of state. The safety locked up. Took it apart and it was put together without the detent ball, just the spring. Spring got wedged under the safety. Pulled the spring and kept my thumb on the safety the rest of the trip holding it in safe.

Called Mossberg QA and asked them to send me a detent ball and I would fix it. They told me it was a restricted part! Said I would have to send the gun back. Wrote a letter to the CEO expressing my outrage and asking them to send me what is essentially a ball bearing. Head of customer service called me. Said it was a restricted part due to safety and I would have to send the gun back. I offered to sign a full waiver. They said no.

I bought a pack of loose ball bearings on Amazon and fixed it myself. Last Mossberg I ever buy. I can buy any part I want for my Glock or CZ and replace it, but Mossberg screwed up my safety and wouldn't send me a ball bearing.