Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pics of cz75 sp01 shadow vs 2075 Rami

CZspeed

Hi I just thought id post some pics of the size difference between the SP01 shadow(with an Aussie 5.25" barrel) and Rami 9mm alloy frame. Shadow has a 16rd mec-gar mag in it with a low profile base. I searched for pics when I was deciding on buying the rami but never found what I was looking so maybe someone has the same question. The pic of them stacked makes the rami look bigger than it actually is

2F035841-2476-4745-AD54-74CA7E480FC7_zps

EFE3FCD5-7621-4439-9B25-2B5E2D216A00_zps

88798896-A674-4087-BDF8-8FAA85C6D708_zps

Edited by CZspeed

Also all of my cz75 factory and mec-gar mags operate in the rami flawlessly. And I highly recommend installing a rami slide stop on any compact or full sized cz 75

I thought the Aussie barrel was 4.92 inches? Are there more than one kind of Aussie barrel?http://czcustom.com/cz75sp019shadowextbarrel.aspxhttp://www.czub.cz/en/news/written-about-us/620-the-cz-75-sp-01-shadow.aspx

Whoops you're right i wish it was 5.25. Lol. Maybe I was thinking about the glock 34 or the Springfield xdm.

I thought the Aussie barrel was 4.92 inches? Are there more than one kind of Aussie barrel?

http://czcustom.com/cz75sp019shadowextbarrel.aspx

http://www.czub.cz/en/news/written-about-us/620-the-cz-75-sp-01-shadow.aspx

This just came up recently: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=194452#entry2154486

the Australian barrel is 120mm (4.72").

According to CZ the SP 01 barrel is 4.7", and the Aussie barrel is 4.92",

I measured my SP 01 barrel and it is 4.5". I haven't handled an Aussie barrel so I can't confirm the exact length, but I assume it is exadurated as well. The TS clames to have a 5.4" barrel, mine measures 5.1". I guess like most men CZ like to exadurate a little on their barrel length.

CZ measures from the ramp, not from the breech-face, which is something ATF and all other manufactures do.

I measured my SP 01 barrel and it is 4.5". I haven't handled an Aussie barrel so I can't confirm the exact length, but I assume it is exadurated as well. The TS clames to have a 5.4" barrel, mine measures 5.1". I guess like most men CZ like to exadurate a little on their barrel length.

CZ measures from the ramp, not from the breech-face, which is something ATF and all other manufactures do.

Sorry Justaute, that not true either :sight: The TS barrel (advertised 5.4" by CZUSA/CZC, but 5.1" but CZUB) actially measures just 5.28" including the feed ramp.

Here's a response I received from CZ USA in a long email chain:

John,

Sadly, I was giving you the party line. When I started working here I asked why our measurements were different than the factory. That was the answer I was given from several sources and I went with it. Angus confirmed your questioning yesterday, so we’re in the process of gathering proper measurements to refine our figures for next year’s catalog. If the factory’s measurements are breechface to muzzle now, I’ll gladly go with that.

Thank you for the email, sometimes it takes a kick in the rump to break us out of our routine. I’ll get it sorted out and updated on our website and make sure they make it to the catalog.

Thanks for your persistence!

Zach Hein

so back to the rami, I haven't checked yet but how do the 19 round mecgar mags fit into it. any gap or is it just like having a pinky extension? I have the pierce pinky extension on my rami mags now and it is nice but would love added capacity too.

Ok so I started measuring everything and have some results.

Stock cz75 barrel length from the breech face is 114mm(4.488in), and on the Aussie is 119mm(4.685in). These are the same numbers in my manual and in cz's website specs

The article on cz's says 120mm(4.724in) and 125mm(4.921in) respectively.

When I include the feed ramp in my measurements I get 119.62mm and 124.60mm respectively.

so back to the rami, I haven't checked yet but how do the 19 round mecgar mags fit into it. any gap or is it just like having a pinky extension? I have the pierce pinky extension on my rami mags now and it is nice but would love added capacity too.

41F6F0C2-AA8C-4F05-8BFD-9D7C0285CFB8_zps

DBD70FF4-3E01-4373-B06D-F001C4DB99D2_zps

E3A94B41-B6DA-45D2-BD20-3594C2798E2E_zps

I just measured a 223 and a 300 Blk barrel and both are accurate to the breach face and not the feed ramp. Are long guns different than handguns when the ATF measures?

I guess I will just fit some of those to a standard mag for it. Although could be good for the backup mag

Do you have/know about the 14rd rami mags?

Edited by CZspeed