Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New sti executive 2011

3djedi

Been loading 9mm for glock 34 and just purchased an sti .40 for limited so this will be a first loading 40.

I think I've heard that sti's like a longer oal....what is the typical OAL that folks are going with?

For what it's worth I'll be loading berrys plated 180g bullets using cfe pistol powder. ......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I heard that too and when I got my STI 2011 .40 last year I was hesitant to run facotry ammo in it from all the talk of having to load long. Factory length ran just fine. I loaded 180s with HS-6 and Titegroup and I have shot 1.135" to 1.155" and everything runs perfectly. No problems feeding or accuracy. Maybe I got lucky.

I used to have an sti eagle and I ran only factory ammo with not one malfunction. I just heard that they like long OAL. Now that I reload I thought I would check into.....it would be nice to have one load that works well in the STI and my glock 35

On a side note.....are berrys 180g RS bullets a good choice for practice bullets. I can get them for about the same price as what I use in 9MM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk