Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3 chamber length 40 sw

AlphaSeeker

Thanks. I'll load to max magazine length and try to find someone with a 40 sw to compare

chrono results. If I am unlucky enough to get a bad barrel, it will show up in the chrono data.

I just wish I could get some measurements for standard chamber so I would know for sure.

For a premium prices gun, I would hate to have a botched example.

Seeker- Please turn the bullet around and see how long the cartridge can be before it it hits the throat/rifling. Also you might consider using 10mm magazines; it works for me. But 1.23" O.A.L. has fed perfectly for me with 180 grain Bayou and BBIs, so I didn't try any other length.

On my Limited .40 pistol I use 1.225 OAL ammo and its still no where close to hitting the lands.

I think that EAA/Tanfo may set the lands depth of the .40 & 10mm barrels the same. That way all they have to do is ream the chamber deeper for the 10mm setups. Verses manufacturing two different rifling configuration barrels for .40 and 10mm. Externally, the .40 and 10mm barrels are identical so my money is on them using the same rifling depth for both calibers.

Realistically though, Who cares how deep the lands are? The EAA/Tanfo guns have a long standing reputation of excellent accuracy. If the bullets go exactly where you want them to when you shoot it, does it matter if the lands are 1mm away or 1 mile away? The answer is NO.

Actually, it does matter. On guns with a longer bullet to lands gap, velocity tends to be lower. Had an opportunity to chrono a couple of guns some years back and the looser spacing also gave lower fps results - 40 to 60fps difference if I recall correctly.

Not a big deal unless you happen to fall bellow the required PF or need to use more powder to maintain PF.

Nothing earth shattering. I still love the brand and will adjust my loads to suit.