Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on trigger work on Gen4 19.

JDW174

I've had this one for about a year and a half. I didn't like the target trigger that came on it, so I swapped it out for a Gen4 trigger from a 17. I also added a Ghost 3.5 connector and did a hand polish on the trigger bar (.25 cent version). The problem is that the trigger safety doesn't pull back flush into the trigger and with extended firing (either practice or IDPA match), the pad of my trigger finger gets sore and kinda raw. The pull is harder than I want it to be (and should be). I've heard that the addition of a 6lb trigger spring can help. True or False? I had a Gen1 17 that the trigger was very good out of the box. I'd like to get this one the same. Also heard that using the trigger bar from a Gen 3 (sans the "bump") can help things. Are these two things worth trying or should I just bite the bullet and order a tuned trigger (Vogel, Edge, Haley, et al) ?

You can remove material from the trigger safety in the trigger shoe until it is flush with the shoe when you press the trigger.

Some Gen 4 Glocks have trigger reset issues when a 6# trigger spring is used.

There is a slight difference in the Gen 3 and Gen 4 trigger bars but the angle of the trigger housing in the Gen 4 increases the trigger pull approximately 8 oz.

The bump is there to keep the trigger centered when it rides over the firing pin safety.

If this pistol is used for competition and not a carry pistol you may want to try a 4.5# or 5.0# firing pin spring.

A better option is a Vanek or DK trigger.

You can remove material from the trigger safety in the trigger shoe until it is flush with the shoe when you press the trigger.

There is a slight difference in the Gen 3 and Gen 4 trigger bars but the angle of the trigger housing in the Gen 4 increases the trigger pull approximately 8 oz.

The bump is there to keep the trigger centered when it rides over the firing pin safety.

If this pistol is used for competition and not a carry pistol you may want to try a 4.5# or 5.0# firing pin spring.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

But yeah the Vanek is nice, so is the Zev kit.

I remember you telling me to trim the safety, scrape it with an Exacto Knife. I did it slowly little at a time until it was flush with the shoe, BIG DIFFERENCE.. Now when i shoot a Glock that hasn't been trimmed it bugs the hell out me..