Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer, Sear & disconnector?

mikeg

I am planning to move from production to standard division. I am going the way of custom built 40 caliber, a gunsmith here in the Philippines suggested some brands for each part that I have to buy. My question is that should the Hammer, sear and disconnector come from same manufacturer. The GS suggested Hammer & sear from STI disconnector Ed Brown. Any comments?

thanks

They do not have to be from the same manufacturer. The gunsmith will do his magic and have all the parts fit together properly.

I personally like the Koenig hammer with the Cylinder and Slide sear and disconnector.

Basically, get whatever floats your boat (you can find a really cool SVI hammer here in Brian's store) and is in your price range.

Ray

They dont have to be from the same manufacture.

Cylinder and Slide makes a nice set ready to go. Their sear doesnt have the extra relief angle, but still works great without it. I think they sell for around $150, but that might save you some labor costs of fitting the other parts together (aka triggerjob).

I just put together a sweet trigger package on my Springfield I'm working up for the Single Stack Classic, and it sounds like 300lbGorilla and I have similar tastes:

Koenig premium match hammer (by EGW)

EGW hard sear

Briley disconnector

Nowlin sear spring

Wolf 17# mainspring

STI titanium hammer strut

In my case, these parts did not quite drop in...after cutting the sear relief angle and tuning the sear, I still had some creep. So I gave the hammer a few passes with the stone, stuck the sear in my Ed Brown jig and gently re-cut the sear, re-did the relief angle, boosted it twice, and now I have a perfectly reliable 2-pound trigger (I don't care to go any lighter on this gun) that is nice and crispy and just right for me.

Have fun--with the high-quality aftermarket parts on the market today, trigger jobs these days are so much easier than they used to be.....

Mike