Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75B VS SP01

JHM

What are the differences between a CZ 75B and the CZ75 SP01? Is the Shadow platform based on the SP01? I have read a lot of good reviews on the Shadow, but it looks like it is only available from the custom shop, which is over my budget.

I have a CZ75B ordered from my LGS, but it it will not be a problem to change the order. As they have no idea as to when it is coming in.

I am looking for a full size steal 9mm that has a great trigger. I will not be competing officially with the pistol. But, I will be competing against my buddy who used to shoot competitively. So the use will be for target shooting not carry.

What we commonly call a "Shadow" is actually a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow.

There is also a CZ 75 SP-01.

The Shadow is a CZ 75 SP-01 without the firing pin block and with a different rear sight notch.

I have them both and that's the only differences I can find.

I'd go for the SP-01... Actually, I did go for it... :)

The rail on the SP01 adds weight in front mitigating muzzle flip Making it more pleasant to shoot and easier to shoot quickly. Another difference is the expended beaver tail on the SP01; I have big hands (10" between pinky and thumb) and the short beaver tail of the 75B digs into the top if my hand when I take a high grip.

Accuracy/trigger pull are the same. The Shadow models have upgraded sights, extended controls and no firing pin block safety; they're available with and without the rail.

If you have the chance I recommend the SP01 :)

What we commonly call a "Shadow" is actually a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow.

There is also a CZ 75 SP-01.

Where can I learn more about this? Looking at CZ-USA's page, there is no such thing as a Shadow...the only time the word "Shadow" appears on the page, it's in the context of the Shadow Target.

thanks