Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 SAO ordered, help build it now

Travis224

I would like to get this built up to near the level of a CZMate, the barrel and comp can be last as I will shoot it open minor for the time being since it seems like availability of parts will hinder the time frame most. What magwell, mag extensions, cmore mount (I have the RTS2) and springs to get the slide tuned for my ammo? I will be ordering this very soon because I'd like to shoot it soon.. Thank you!

It's a real hassle to get a 2011 style optic mount centered over the slide, so I recommend a Czechmate mount (Matt Cheely used to make one, but I don't see it on his site anymore) or a Tanfoglio one, choose your hole pattern carefully because you'll be stuck with it!, mag wells, bases, etc. come from CZ Custom: http://czcustom.com/cz75magwellidpa.aspx

Edited by kneelingatlas

also instead of an rts try one of the other red dots that has a mount for the rear sight. then take out the firing pin block and put in an al trigger with pre travel adjustments. then shoot the hell out of the gun. I am using a SA in limited right now and it is sweet and gets great groups. maybe just buy a shadow slide and mount an optic on that then you can do a hot swap between that and your stock slide so you can have the same frame for open and limited.

I was able to order the Cheely mount (CZ / Checkmate Horizontal C-more mount) in January for $89 each shipped.

Maybe you could email him to see if he has any left or ETA of a new batch if that were a direction you were interested in?

But to try things out, Gigglemonkee's suggestion of using a red dot that you can get a mount for the rear site is nice in that it is easily reversible if you don't like it, and you can always sell to someone else later if you do go all out and get frame drilled for a c-more.

Edited by trgt