Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 85 Combat and SRTS

blueorb

Hi all.

There is a CZ 85 Combat in the classifieds that I am thinking about buying to be used as a back up gun. However, I don't think it has the SRTS installed and that is a must for me.

Question is this....if I buy the SRTS (just the disconnector, correct?) is it a straight drop in part? Any fitting involved in that?

Thanks.

If you get a pre-b disco from CZ or the drop in CGW one, you should be able to install it without fitting. Having said that I did have to fit one of the CZ discos to my friend's shadow. All that was required was to remove a little from the inside of the leg to allow the trigger to reset. As it was, the disco was stopping the triggerbar from coming forward enough to allow the SA to reset.

CGW also make a gunsmith fit disco that is oversize and requires fitting but would allow you to have the shortest possible reset.

Whichever way you go it is not that difficult and I believe all CZs should have this mod.

One PITA about replacing the disco is getting the bloody number 9 pins out of the hammer assembly. If you are considering the comp hammer (well worth it IMO), then you might just want to get it as well as a new hammer strut and 2 new no. 9 pins. Then you can make a whole new hammer assembly and simply swap it out.

A CGW adjustable sear will make installation a breeze (the comp hammer slightly changes the sear angle so usually requires some work on the sear) and possibly clean up your SA pull as well.

Short answer to the question you asked; yes, usually.

ETA: spent too long typing and Stuart beat me to it!

Edited by Feralshooter