Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra prime

EEH

A little update, ordered up a couple of these but took it a bit further then the guy in the video....

Thought I'd share.... I have 2 - 650's one setup for large primers and one for small so I figured, rather then mess with switching over for loading tubes for small and large, may as well get two and have a dedicated for each... they were on sale at midway for relatively cheap compared to the RF100's

IMG_20140422_170350.jpg

The needed a bit of gentle massaging to get the couple of burrs out of the raceway, but a small file and an undersized drill bit they were working fine with the tubes they came with.... I cut the tubes short and taped the hose on the end, so you can just push the dillon tubes right up in there. Just file the end smooth to take off the hanging chads, and run a drill smaller then the tube on the inside to smooth that out as well....

Blocked off the opposite primer hole with tape so when you shake the primers they don't fall out that side, I might drop some hot glue but this seems to work just fine.

IMG_20140422_170407.jpg

Problem with the Vibra Prime is that you have to take the tube off and pull the tray out to get the cover off every time you want to load primers. Thats stupid IMO....Below you can see the photo on the right if you just file this section down on a taper like I did, you can twist the top and slide it off easily without removing the whole tray.

cd0e8475-9f43-4d5e-a3a5-023a21459bda.jpg

Like so

IMG_20140422_170548.jpg

Tops are not very tight, a small clamp keeps things together so there are no spillages.

IMG_20140422_170606.jpg

Since I don't plan on removing the tubes, I wrapped some electrical tape around the plastic locking nut, so it won't accidentally come loose.

IMG_20140422_171706.jpg

Right off the bat, just like in the video, slide the dillon tubes up under and away you go - I loaded up 4 small and 4 large primer tubes in a few minutes... worked great, I'm thrilled not to have to pay $600+ for the RF100's.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have them but I think this works great for cheap....

Hope this helps

Patrick

Edited by Warpdrv

Wow... my time is worth more than that I'm afraid. I would rather be loading while my RF is filling primer tubes automatically...

And a RF 100 with both conversions ( takes 5 minutes to convert lg/sm) is about $375, not 600. No jury rigging required... :)

Jmho

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

I meant 1 for each size.... Plural

Hey my time is worth plenty, this took me 20 mins to mod for both

I can easily afford and maybe someday I'll get the RF100.

Guess you can't make everyone happy.....

Edited by Warpdrv

Well, I went ahead and ordered one. They wanted to charge $3 since it was under $25, so I tossed in a couple of ammo boxes. $41 shipped.

Let's see what all the fuss is all about and if it will be another tool I use or stare at.

I screwed around with my VPs most of the winter, loading several thousand rounds. I got them to work fine on Fed and CCI. Consistently with Win, however, not so much. I see it work in the video above--interesting. In my Win primer experience, I had to rap on mine repeatedly for it to keep feeding primers as I see in the video. Eventually the rapping was turning primers upside down as they entered the tube. When I started to see 4-5 per 100 rounds with primers inverted I threw in the towel. I ordered my Pal Filler and have never looked back. I have yet to see a failure or even have to rap on it to make it work. Yes, it was more money but it works. Every time.

Well I have loaded up almost 1000 primers on each and the vibrapime is pretty good..... not without its hiccups.....

For those on a budget it'll serve one pretty well.....

I figured while I'm fresh into it I'll suck it up and try to work my engineering magic if possible....

That being said, having spent some time with loading with dual RF100's I'm pretty much sold.

THAT IS THE SOUND OF INEVITABILITY !