Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Current process for all classifier match?

BostonBullit

I help out with scoring at a club that hosts an indoor match series up here in New England during the winter. Basically I bring along my home clubs scoring kit and have been tutoring them on how to get up and running on Practiscore. Next month the plan is to run a 5 stage all classifier match and I want to be up on the latest way to set such a match up so I don't bugger everything up and cause great pain for all involved.

When we ran one of these at my club last summer I just setup the match in Practiscore (iOS) like any other match, the changes were all on the EZWin side where I set the match type to "Special Level 1" before importing my PS info after the match. Is this still the correct way to do this?

Can't wait until we're finally officially done with EZWin, I'm going to experiment with exporting the report files out of PS when my club's match season starts next month.

Peter

Just run the match as a Level 1 special in PS and same in EZwin..

set the classifier flag to yes for the stages... and then you are set...

right now the upload from the ipad is a little unique..

PS creates the file and you have to upload from a computer, unless you get a special app to open the file with and then upload from an IPAD..

I found one, but my ipad is at home...

I help out with scoring at a club that hosts an indoor match series up here in New England during the winter. Basically I bring along my home clubs scoring kit and have been tutoring them on how to get up and running on Practiscore. Next month the plan is to run a 5 stage all classifier match and I want to be up on the latest way to set such a match up so I don't bugger everything up and cause great pain for all involved.

When we ran one of these at my club last summer I just setup the match in Practiscore (iOS) like any other match, the changes were all on the EZWin side where I set the match type to "Special Level 1" before importing my PS info after the match. Is this still the correct way to do this?

Can't wait until we're finally officially done with EZWin, I'm going to experiment with exporting the report files out of PS when my club's match season starts next month.

Peter

Note that there is a new maintenance release, 4.13, for EzWinScore that will allow more than one classifier on Level 1 Matches.

An update was submitted to permit more than 1 classifier in a regular Level 1 match, should pop from Apple any day now.

Basically, make sure classifier flags are set in the stage design, shoot the match, the from view results page, send the Activity Report to yourself. It uses the "share" function of iOS, reporting registered apps that can share. For me it's dropbox or email, I generally use email it to myself and then upload it from my Mac on uspsa.org.

Sometime in the relatively near future, uspsa.org will grab the match when you post it to practiscore.com, and all the data about classifiers, and automagically do the classifier, and the let your club contact know you can pay. This will happen when you are logged into USPSA.com as a club admin. In general, sometime about 1 month from now logins will be required to post matches. You can affiliate your login with other games, or just use those logins as credentials to post. Or if unaffiliated (i.e. an outlaw club or match), just create a free PractiScore login.

The two sites will share activity data fairly tightly. That apples to 3GN as well, for those playing that game.

Ken N.

An update was submitted to permit more than 1 classifier in a regular Level 1 match, should pop from Apple any day now.

Basically, make sure classifier flags are set in the stage design, shoot the match, the from view results page, send the Activity Report to yourself. It uses the "share" function of iOS, reporting registered apps that can share. For me it's dropbox or email, I generally use email it to myself and then upload it from my Mac on uspsa.org.

Sometime in the relatively near future, uspsa.org will grab the match when you post it to practiscore.com, and all the data about classifiers, and automagically do the classifier, and the let your club contact know you can pay. This will happen when you are logged into USPSA.com as a club admin. In general, sometime about 1 month from now logins will be required to post matches. You can affiliate your login with other games, or just use those logins as credentials to post. Or if unaffiliated (i.e. an outlaw club or match), just create a free PractiScore login.

The two sites will share activity data fairly tightly. That apples to 3GN as well, for those playing that game.

Ken N.

Ken, Any other feature adds for the new version of PS?

Thanks.Jim

If you have access to an Android device use it to do the initial stage setup. It has all of the USPSA classifiers listed in it and makes setting up the stages a breeze.

It's there now.

Ken, Any other feature adds for the new version of PS?

The change log in the app store says that was the only change between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2.