Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZEV competition trigger problems in Gen 4 G34

Rangertim

I bit the bullet a few months back and sold my XD to switch to a G34. My XD had a 3lb trigger from Springer Precision and it was awesome. I recently had a ZEV/Glockwox "Standard Competition Trigger" (ZT-STD-C-4G9-COMP) in an effort to clean up my trigger a bit. However, with my first 4 mags I had 4 light strikes, I'm using CCI #500 small pistol primers. I'm ruling out ammo being the issue as it runs fine through the gun with factory parts in it. The kit came with both a 2# and 3# striker spring. The 2# is installed, will switching to the 3# spring most likely solve my issue?

Any other ideas to get a cleaner trigger while having 100% reliability?

Thanks in advance.

I think cci primers are hard. I have a different trigger but same kind of springs and don't get light strikes. I think try some other ammo with different primers would work. A heavier spring would work and those are cheap solutions.

Extended striker would improve as well. But it would cost extra.

You'll need to purchase the Zev skeletonized striker, and maybe run the 3# striker spring. I had the same issue, with Tula primers (very hard), until I did that. CCI I don't think are quite as hard as CCI (or at least close), so you could get the new striker, then try the 2# first and see if it improves. If not, goto the 3# spring. I've had no issues with Tula since I went to the 3# spring. Trigger is still awesome (for a Glock).

Same exact setup, down to the primers. I changed to 3# spring and haven't had a light strike since. However I like the 2#. Spring way better, quite a noticeable difference. If I didn't switch guns to a tanfo, I would have tried the skeletonized striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 2brothersguns

I've got the Fulcrum Ultimate Competition trigger in my 17L, and it came with the skeletonized striker which is extended. I've never had an issue with the 2lb striker spring and CCI primers. I think the extended strikers are $80.

Thanks for the input. I tried out the 3lb spring and had no issues. The 2lb spring felt considerably better though. I'll roll with the 3lb until I can pick up the skeletonized/extended striker.

Thanks again.