Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open class XDm Holster... PLEASE HELP!

openclassterror

I am trying like crazy to find a holster for my XDm with a rail mounted optic. I thought the CR Speed Holster WSMII looked good, but Shooter's Connection is out of stock, and B&B Enterprises website shopping cart says their security certificate is not valid so it won't let me order. I tried calling for days, and only get a message with no opportunity to leave a call-back number. I tried Speed Shooters International in Cali, but they said that holster is for XD only and WON'T fit the XDm. They recommended the Double Alpha Race Master, but couldn't tell me if the rail mount would fit. On top of that, the manufacturer is in Denmark or someplace, and I can't find a tech number to find out! Does ANYONE know of an in-stock holster that I can use? The Arredondo doesn't look like it will clear the rail. Don't care what the cost is, just need a holster before the next match on the 15th.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Whoa, you make it sound like an emergency :surprise: I have no doubt there are many matches in your future . . . so you miss a couple. Take a deep breather, and exhale slowly. Shooters Connection will have new stock down the road ;)

What mount are you using? "Rail" mount means nothing to me.

My first WSM II holster was a used Glock model. It took some SERIOUS modifying to make my XDm (with a Carver Competition mount) work. But, over the course of a week I completed the task.

As funds became available, I acquired better equipment.

Happy shooting!

By rail I mean the mount is attached to the frame rail in front of the trigger guard. I won't call it a picatinny because it does not meet any of the specs. It is a custom mount that I built, and posted up pictures on another thread a couple of days ago. Not an emergency, but I have been looking for a suitable holster for several weeks, since before I even built the mount. I am starting to wonder if I will EVER find one, and I am anxious to try the new mount in a match. Here is what I have to work around-

post-48876-0-65067100-1394066418_thumb.j

Tom,

The DAA RaceMaster should work. It only grips the trigger guard and does not need to come up far to clear the holster. Worse case scenario, it does not work for you, sell it (at almost no loss as the blocks are what make it great). I've used the WSM II and hated it. The XDM basically flopped around and gave no sense of security. I have the DAA and have used the same holster for an XDM, 2011, and Tanfoglio.

By rail I mean the mount is attached to the frame rail in front of the trigger guard. I won't call it a picatinny because it does not meet any of the specs. It is a custom mount that I built, and posted up pictures on another thread a couple of days ago. Not an emergency, but I have been looking for a suitable holster for several weeks, since before I even built the mount. I am starting to wonder if I will EVER find one, and I am anxious to try the new mount in a match. Here is what I have to work around-

Can you attach a more side profiled picture?

Try the super ghost holster. I looks like it would clear the mount and shootersconnection has one in stock. If not powerfactorshooting.com has a CR Speed world shoot holster in stock for the xd.

I looked at the ghost, I would prefer something that rides on a muzzle plug, as I mostly shoot 3gun and would prefer at least marginal protection from a muzzle full of dirt when I slide into prone on a muddy stage :surprise: Looks like the racemaster also leaves the muzzle hanging in the breeze. Perhaps use that one and make a little cup on a rod that attaches to it?

Here is the most side profile picture I took

post-48876-0-42725000-1394068203_thumb.j

Edited by openclassterror

Hey Tom, I don't think the DAA will work. With that holster, the bottom of the gun frame or rail area rests on the block. With that rail mount, it would push the pistol forward about 1/4 inch thus not allowing the trigger guard to lock in. I have the blocks for the STI, Glock, and N frame and all sit the same way in the block area. Saul at DAA could tell you right off and he responds quickly. When I was doing research for an XDm Open holster, it seemed the consensus was to go with a WSM but that was a while back. I will contact Saul and ask to make sure. Also, I agree with the above statement about the WSM was not very secure.

I have the XDM 40 fits find in my CR Speed II holster. I have snapped a few photos you might need to remove some of the plastic but with the comp you are going to be sitting farther down the holster so you might clear it.

Thanks for the pics! I guess if I can mill aluminum I can cut up a holster a little too. I don't see a CR Speed II specifically for the XDm. Is it the same one as the XD model? The trigger guard sure looks similar between the two.

Tom,

The XDM basically flopped around and gave no sense of security. I have the DAA and have used the same holster for an XDM, 2011, and Tanfoglio.

With all due respect, a properly set up WSM II holds the Springfield XDm firm and secure. Zero wiggle room ;)

Here is the WSM II I modified, for use with the Carver Competition mount.

post-23750-0-80367900-1394110648_thumb.j

post-23750-0-71858600-1394110692_thumb.j

post-23750-0-03901600-1394110721_thumb.j

Thank you Sir. Order inbound this morning. I had no idea you were so close to Grants Pass! Will you be at the NWMGC this summer? I will be RO'ing again

Yes, just up 97 a bit from you. We plan on attending the match and we will be a sponsor.