Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo for IPSC Standard

dirtypool40

Howdy, looking for actualy expereince with the Arredondo set up, teflon follower, plastic wedge basepad. How many do they hold and do they work?

(Before anyone starts I already have the Gramms and Dawson set up, 18 / 17 reloadable. But even at "dealer" cost it takes like $100 to put together a mag.)

Again, who's used / using Arredondo and what do you think?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump. Still wanna hear from people with the Arredondo Standard .40 mags.

dp, I want to know what voodoo you did to get 18 rounds in a mag with Grams spring/follower and Dawson base pad. I can cram in only 17.

• 5 weeks later...
Bump. Still wanna hear from people with the Arredondo Standard .40 mags.

dp, I want to know what voodoo you did to get 18 rounds in a mag with Grams spring/follower and Dawson base pad. I can cram in only 17.

Sorry bud I was asleep at the thread...

SV tube. you need to polish the sides of the tube, not the retaining lips so the Dawson basepad will slip on and off. Cut two coils off the Grams 140mm .40 cal spring follower combo and you should be able to cram 18 in there. I could get 18 before I cut the coil but it took hammering the mag on a table.

Still, it's not a reloadable 18, but you can start with 18+1 if need be. I had 8 and every one was the same. But as Jimi & SRV would say......"God knows I'm a Voodo Chile"

Eric,

I used the Arredondo red followers and flat base pads for the longest time in my 126mm's. Using cut-down-a-bunch (don't remember) Wolff springs I used to get a comfy 16 in all of them and a very tight 17 in two. When I switched to the Dawson "Hard-As-Hell-To-Take-Off" +1 bp's, that's exactly what I got: +1 in all mags.

BTW, later on in life I learned to make a tool to disassemble those base pads.

Do you need Standard mags? Check the classifieds. I got some for sale.

¿Cómo están sus ojos?

N

estan todovia malo, perro tengo nuevo "amigovia" (Spanglish for Amigo / Novia), y peinso voy a tener nuevos "solo salir con una latina si....." muy pronto. :D

Quiero a volar mas! Voy a cambiar mi trabajo en sies semanas mas, entonces voy a visitar usted in St. Augustine!

Nemo, if you can decipher my horrible Spanish, you make GM for languages!!! BTW I think the SV tubes are worth another round. Most guys down here are only getting 16 in STI tubes. Say hey to Dave Williams for me.

estan todovia malo, perro tengo nuevo "amigovia" (Spanglish for Amigo / Novia), y peinso voy a tener nuevos "solo salir con una latina si....." muy pronto. :D

Quiero a volar mas!  Voy a cambiar mi trabajo en sies semanas mas, entonces voy a visitar usted in St. Augustine!

Nemo, if you can decipher my horrible Spanish, you make GM for languages!!!  BTW I think the SV tubes are worth another round.  Most guys down here are only getting 16 in STI tubes.  Say hey to Dave Williams for me.

I can decipher it, but I don't know why you said "They're still bad, dog I have a new girlfriend..." :P

I've now got four STI 126mm tubes with Dawson wedge pads, and new Grams springs/followers cut to 9 coils. 17 rounds reloadable, sometimes 18 rounds startable.

I'm borrowing some SV magazines but I don't like the springs/followers so I'm going to use older Grams stuff in them, for 16 or 17 rounds.

I just wish Nemo has put his stuff up for sale before I parted with a few hundred bucks building mine.

Here's my trick to removing Dawson pads: Pull straight back until it stops, then wiggle side to side while pulling.

I shoot IPSC Std at times... I only get 17 on mine. Thats with the STI springs, arredondo follower and a +1 intl pad from dawson. If you use the arredondo pads, you stay at 16...

I have a sping and follower kit from Grams... so far i can only get 16 in it with the stock pad on it. let me see what cutting off two coils will do :) thanks for that...

Regards,

I can decipher it, but I don't know why you said "They're still bad, dog I have a new girlfriend..." :P -300#Gorilla

oops, one too many "R's". Spelling errors can be fun. :unsure: How do you know I wasn't just being hip, dog? B)

Como frijoles....how have you bean. :D

Eric Warrren - another god trick is the screwdriver with the slot cut in it to push down on the coils as they become exposed. Some guys mod their Arredondo mag brushes like this too.

You guys make me think I should have some "special" dawson pads, mine goes on and off easily.No tool needed, just had to cut the last coil of the spring parallel to the base pad.

As for the Arredondo wedged pads, I would be confident in them :unsure: .

A friend bought some, put them on his mags and when we saw how much it was deformated by the pressure of the spring once loaded, he throw them in the deepest part of his shooting bag and put the Dawsons back !

My set up for reloadable 17s : STI Tube, SV follower, Dawson pads.

18s non reloadable : STI tube, SV follower, "skywalkerized" italian basepads.

Don't ask for the springs, they were in the STI tubes when I got them.

19s non reloadable : SPS tube, SPS follower and spring kit hardly reworked and "skywalkerized" italian basepads.

Quiero a volar mas!  Voy a cambiar mi trabajo en sies semanas mas, entonces voy a visitar usted in St. Augustine!

Nemo, if you can decipher my horrible Spanish, you make GM for languages!!!  BTW I think the SV tubes are worth another round.  Most guys down here are only getting 16 in STI tubes.  Say hey to Dave Williams for me.

DP40,

What do you think you'll have new ones? Mags, girlfriends or eyes? :lol: Also, if you're changing jobs to be back CONUS fulltime, are you bringing your latina(s) with you?

The six mags I put for sale weren't mine. Got 'em in a package with the Edge I just bought for my kids. They'll shoot the 2011's and I'll dedicate to the gun in the back of my safe that has the round thingy that goes around and around. In my card the U next to Open doesn't bother me because I don't have an open gun, but have to get rid of that U next to Revo.

Hopalong, Cliff, Carmoney, Carden, Sweeney, et.al HERE I COME!

DP40,

What do you think you'll have new ones? Mags, girlfriends or eyes? :lol: Also, if you're changing jobs to be back CONUS fulltime, are you bringing your latina(s) with you?

The six mags I put for sale weren't mine. Got 'em in a package with the Edge I just bought for my kids. They'll shoot the 2011's and I'll dedicate to the gun in the back of my safe that has the round thingy that goes around and around. In my card the U next to Open doesn't bother me because I don't have an open gun, but have to get rid of that U next to Revo.

Hopalong, Cliff, Carmoney, Carden, Sweeney, et.al HERE I COME!

He's talking about new things to add to his original thread (Only Date a Latina If....).