Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Earl takes a new job

ima45dv8

Earl decides to take a job as a prosecutor in a small town. Trying his first case, he calls his first witness to the stand, grandmotherly, elderly woman.

He approached her and asked, "Ma'am, do you know me?"

As if out of the clear blue sky, she responded, "Why, yes I do know you. I've known you since you were a young boy. And frankly, you've been big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a rising big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

Earl was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and stammered, "Ma'am, do you know the defense attorney?"

She again replied, "Why, yes I do. I've known him since he was a youngster, too. I even used to baby-sit him. And he, too, has been a real disappointment to me. He's lazy, contentious, and he has a drinking problem. The man can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. Yeah, you can bet I know him." The defense attorney just sat there in shock and amazement.

At this point, the judge brought the courtroom to silence, called both counselors to the bench, and in a very quiet voice said, "If either of you is foolish enough to ask her if she knows me, you'll be jailed for contempt and housed with a large gay man with an amorous appetite for lawers!"

(edited by ima45dv8 to protect the innocent)

ya know, I dont really think that is that terribly funny, but im still laughing and I dont know why

It was meant as a joke. Nothing more. If any who were mentioned feel offended, please delete and I'll say three Hail John Brownings as pennance.