Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 upgrades?

3djedi

I put an EGW ignition kit (Hammer, Sear, disconnector) and had the trigger taken down to about 3 lbs. I also put a Swenson thumbguard on the safety since the slide kept rubbing my thumb.

Treat yourself to some new grips! You might want to try some metal grips from Phoenix Trinity or buy someone's used grips and texture the hell out of them or undercut. See if you like any of those changes.

I also went to a .80 front site width with a .030 fiber on it and a narrower rear site at .115. It helps me have a more laser focus on the site since it looked so much different than the stock one.

You probably don't NEED to change anything at all, that's the beauty of an Edge. Made by shooters for shooters.

Change out the Recoil Master. It will break eventually. Also, you can select any recoil spring weight you want.

You could try a tungsten guide rod.

Change the MIM slide stop to an EGW machined one.

Keep the original hammer and sear. They're good enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Change out the Recoil Master. It will break eventually. Also, you can select any recoil spring weight you want.

You could try a tungsten guide rod.

Change the MIM slide stop to an EGW machined one.

Keep the original hammer and sear. They're good enough.

+1 here, change out the Recoil Master. I bought a Dawson CRP Edge last March as did a friend of mine. Both of our Recoil Masters broke within 8 months.

• 2 weeks later...

couple other things that I have notice and helped me when I was getting my open gun running. Different mainspring housings (flat, arched, wedge) can have an effect on bullet impact of your second shot. I finally settled on the wedge shape as it made it a little easier to get my second hit in the a zone. Also along the same lines are magwells (big ice, ice, cape, etc) can have the same effect. I settled on teh big ice. Lastly, you can play around with placement of skate tape in different places on the grip and magwell..

Bought a stock Edge from the classified here at Enos - new

• Brazos drop in trigger kit
  • SS guide rod with 12lb progressive spring
  • Manny dot front sight
  • Cyclone mag button
  • worked barrel shroud with dremel (yikes!) wasn't running coated lead and longer load for S@#%
  • Tuned four magazines with grams base pads with DP tuning kit
  • Relieved the inside of grip to conform to magwell
  • Put on my "signature" skull grip tape (lol)

I have one happy kid now

Edited by frankge