Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Bench

ChuckCourter

post-51370-0-65441600-1392754256_thumb.jpost-51370-0-71580300-1392754273_thumb.jI've been working on a new bench for the Dillon and now have it so I can use it. Will finish with a backwall, top shelf, and lighting. Then build a matching bench for the PW. I built it so the downforce of the press lever is behind the front legs. Reinforced shelf under should be good for 800 lbs. or so.

Eventually I'll build a couple of drawer units and a corner to match as well as possible a vice bench for gun work.

Thanks for the compliments. I have one up on most people for things like this. I own a metal fab company so I have the equipment to do things like this. Usually just can't find the time to do them but enjoy coming up with stuff like this.

I may offer something similar for sale later but have a lot of figuring out to do first.

I get some more photos up in another week or so. I am about finished with a bench for the PW.

I'm just as interested in the single shot on the wall.

I like that wall hanger. My wife got it for me for Christmas some 30 years or so ago. It's a Stevens Favorite and in pretty good shape except the rifling is just about gone. If it could talk I'm sure it's seen quite a number of tin cans, squirrels, and rabbits.

BTW, have you got access to any good quail hunting around there? I grew up on a farm 3 miles south of Severy and 1 1/2 miles east of 99. Still got my old single barrel 20 ga. Guess I've had it for around 50 to 55 years now. It's saw it's share of Bob White. I would love to get back into some while I can still get around.

Come to think of it I bought my first car at Sedan.

• 3 months later...

Since you lived around Severy you probably knew Manley Hebb. I hunted Prairie Chickens on his place for years back in the 1950's. They were as thick as flies. As far as the Quail populations go, it's been probably 10 years or more since we've had enough Quail to even hunt. I am encouraged, however, I have been hearing a lot of calling in the late evenings and that's a first for around here.

You buy your car from Carlin Bane or from Dutch?

Gary