Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI .40 Followers....

Ssanders224

So, I currently run Brazos tuned STI tubes, with 4mm TTI basepads, and Grams guts. I'm terrible about changing my mag springs (Ive never changed them and been over a year of regular shooting) but they have always run 100%. Its hard for me to change things when they are working perfectly.

Anyways. I ordered two TTI springs and followers just to see if there was any benefit over my Grams, and so far, I havent been able to get them to work.

First of all, I lost about half a round of capacity in the two mags I tried them in. 20 "kind of" reloadable became 20 absolutely not reloadable.

Secondly, when the mag runs empty, the TTI follower sticks up above the feed lips. So much so that it caught the slide a couple of times and held it back.

The capacity thing isnt much of a surprise. The TTI follower is noticeably "taller" than the Grams. I'd have to assume that equates into less capacity.

Just wondering what everyone else's experience was. I might just order a new set of Grams since I know they work?

Load them up to capacity and let them sit for a day or two so they can set. That is the advice that I received when I had the same experience with the grams guts. It works

I will try this, however I dont have high expectations.

With the TTI guts, I just simply run out of room quicker than the Grams. I'm not talking about it getting super tight, I'm talking about it going "solid".... as in the coils are completley compressed and there is no more room. I dont thing getting the spring to "set" will help that.

I have tuned sti tubes with all tarans guts and I can run an easy 20 reloadable and 21 start with no problem.

Jeff

Mine wont come close to 21.

I have two untuned STI tubes (do not use them in matches) that I can get 21 in with Grams guts. So I think it just depends on the tubes.

However, even in those, I loose a little capacity with the TTI guts v.s. the Grams.

Load them up to capacity and let them sit for a day or two so they can set. That is the advice that I received when I had the same experience with the grams guts. It works

Isn't this the advise for all new magazines? I always load new mags up to break them in for a week.

Secondly, when the mag runs empty, the TTI follower sticks up above the feed lips. So much so that it caught the slide a couple of times and held it back.

Just wondering what everyone else's experience was. I might just order a new set of Grams since I know they work?

A friend and I both had TTI tune some mags right, and we both experienced the same problem when at empty. He called TTI and the advice we received was to give the follower/spring a slight bend to the right. It worked for both of us and we haven't had any problems since.