Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Mentor needed and not afraid to ask

BuckeyeBoys

Newb wants to go and has a ton of questions. From division choices to range layout as well as anything helpful!

I'm a 1911 shooter but my cz pointman 9 has been tuned up for USPSA and IDPA but might not be good enough for metallic?

I have an xdm 5.25 9mm that should be fine for production?

Possiblity of my son coming to shoot also and that xdm is his.

If there's still room would do the clinic on Monday also....so much in so little time

Help!

Please pm me if you could spend some phone time in the evening

thanks ahead of time~

Hopefully you have a local club with dedicated Action Pistol shooters. It really helped me to learn through shooting the match and asking question along the way. I have shot it many times but still things come up only in a match.

Edited by toothguy

The XDM would work just fine for production, it's popular in that division. The PM-9 would also work in metallic if your son is using the XDM. Both divisions have trigger pull limit rules.

Complete rules here:

http://compete.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/RuleBooks/Action/act-book.pdf

Email actionpistol@nrahq.org to ask about the monday clinic.

Find out who is running any match that is close to you between now and the Cup. If possible go to the Flagler Cup or the Michigan Match 10 days before the Cup starts.

Don't race into Columbia the Friday before the Match, bust your nut at the practice range, do the Clinic, then into the Cup. That will overwhelm you. Solid steady practice with matches every month or twice a month will point you in the right direction.

I think you are starting a little late for this years Cup, but you have started. If you have the available time, seeing as you are in Ohio I would suggest the Michigan Match and then make use of the practice range at Michigan on the Monday and Tuesday, cruise on into Columbia late Tuesday or Wednesday after Michigan, and then a few days just trying to fine tune yourselves in Columbia. Don't spend all day at the range and burst your brain. All the big names will be at Rockcastle so you may have very little trouble just cruising about the practice range getting done what you can.

Either gun will be fine at this stage. As long as you can get the rounds into the ten ring at 50 prone or standing the gun will be fine. It is the nut on the back end that will need working on.

Get the courses of fire and dry fire them with a timer. Julie Golob and Doug Koenig have good videos on Youtube to watch. I would also buy the video Shooting Clean My Way by Doug Koenig. Use the winter months to get the mechanics down.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lcbmarksmen/bianchi%20course%20of%20fire.htm

Edited by toothguy