Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Stoner - Yay? Nay?

iswope

I have an AR Stoner compensator which I've been using for the last year. Got it last year when I started competing because it was relatively inexpensive and I was basically retrofitting a standard M4 carbine to work for 3 Gun. It seems to work okay and looks sort of like a Titan visually.

I recently got a new upper, however, and thanks to the guys over at Stag Arms am sporting their 3GH now. This has the Stag Arms 3-gun compensator on it and I'm not sure if I like it or not. There is a fair amount of muzzle dip which I think I could probably adjust for with practice. I think it's telling, however, that neither of the Stag Arms pro 3-Gun shooters use this compensator.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the AR Stoner and if it would be worth swapping out the Stag Arms one for the Stoner.

Yeah, I know, try them both and see what I like. I'm definitely going to be doing that, however, I just want to see what anyone else's experience has been with either of these.

If you feel like the one on the stag is not to your liking, then switch it out. If you don't like the AR stoner then pick one of the many quality comps out there and get one. The Miculek is a great comp for the price if money is tight.

AR stoner is a private label co by midway USA. They are using Eugene Stoner's name and his creation to aid in the sale of aftermarket AR parts.

I ordered a fluted barrel. It wasn't my cup of tea. Was very sharp & poorly polished.

The AR Stoner bbl in 300BO I had was very nicely finished and very accurate. I hsve no issue with their products and would own another of their barrels. As far as the comp on the 3G, I didnt like thr one on mine and changed it to a Titan. I think most folks change it.

I can't provide experience with the barrels. but AR stoner mags are not very great. I left them loaded for a couple of months and the bottom plate is bent out and very flimsy. I bought 2 of these mags at the height of the craze. they both lock back with one round still on the follower. but they function.