Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ipsc standard accuracy

czboy

Hello all,

I'm a plinker, i don't compete, but in my collection of cz's I have a ipsc standard in 40, alond with a cz 40b and a cz40p. all I've ever shot out of them are plated bullets. I've tried 155's and 180's, neither are accurate, I'm going to switch over to bayou bullets and was wondering what the ipsc would prefer? Also any thoughts on a good clean powder in it? I'm not a great shot, but the ipsc standard has never shot better than about 6" groups at 25yards, I'm hoping its because it doesn't like the plated bullets. Thanks for any info!

Are you shooting off hand or from a bench rest? I use Xtreme 147 plated under 3.7g of WST and make 2.5"-3" groups at 25 yds and 1.7" GPRS at 17 yds offhand .... Plated are plenty accurate. If you are reloading check your crimp, it's probably way more than you actually need. Pull a bullet and if there are any marks on it that's at least part of your problem ...

When I got it I put a box of wolf through it to get me by until my dies, bullets, etc. for 40 s&w came in, but that was about 10-12 years ago and I honestly don't remember how it did. After shooting it the summer I got it it pretty much sat until last year when I decided to get it going again. for about ten years my 550b sat because I bought it for 40's only, but last year I decided to use it for 9's, 45's, 44's and eventually 223,243,204's also

Are you shooting off hand or from a bench rest? I use Xtreme 147 plated under 3.7g of WST and make 2.5"-3" groups at 25 yds and 1.7" GPRS at 17 yds offhand .... Plated are plenty accurate. If you are reloading check your crimp, it's probably way more than you actually need. Pull a bullet and if there are any marks on it that's at least part of your problem ...

I was having a problem with bullets tumbling out of my SP 01, backed the crimping die out a little and the problem went away.

Well h*ll, I pulled 2 bullets, they look identical to the few new ones I have left. not a mark on them. the top of the case measures about .4205-.421, the load is 4.4 gr. titegroup with rainier 180gr flat points, o.a.l. 1.12"